Just Ordered My First!

JK Knives

Just got off of the phone from ordering a Rainier Scout. Very pleasant people to talk to, and I was told it would ship on Monday. Should have by the end of the week!

John

John! Wow that was a quick post. It was a pleasure to speak with you.

I actually just pulled the head and will head out into the shop after lunch to clean & sharpen her up on the grinder and polish that hammer end, the perimeters get the satin finish but don't be afraid to use it. That finish will dull but she'll last forever, we guarantee it.

The next step is to warm up the branding iron and brand the handle and then stain/finish. We use a very light, natural stain that helps seal the wood and prevent them from losing moisture too quickly.

Then I'll press the head onto the handle with a 2-ton shop press, wipe her down, box her up and off she'll go.

Because of your enthusiasm she's goin' 3-day express so you can have it by Thursday. Just in time to get ready for the weekend.

Arrrggghhh!

USPS took 15 days to delivere a Priority Mail box recently so I shipped it UPS 3-Day Select. I just checked on www.ups.com and they RESCHEDULED the delivery for Monday!

Right now it's sitting in Hodgkins, IL for the weekend until they deliver it on Monday. For some reason it got hung up in Louisville, KY for a day.

Sorry about that. If Hodgkins is local, you can call them and if they're open on Saturday you can take a trip over to pick it up. I used to do that at our local UPS depot in Ohio. Otherwise the little brown truck will be there on Monday. :(

It was waiting on my steps when I got home from work today. The polishing around the head really makes it look great! Thanks for a great product at an incredible price. I look forward to using it soon.

John

Back