Just ordered Two More.

afishhunter

Gold Member
Just ordered two more Cold Steel cheapies, before they are discontinued under new owner/management team... if they are going to be ...
Call me "Crazy" {I won't deny it. Better "Crazy" than "Insane". They lock you up if you insane, and don't let you have knives, archery, guns .....) I actually like the three Kudu and the two slightly longer and discontinued Eland I have. :)

I ordered another standard Kudu with locking blade, and the new Kudu Lite slipjoint, about a half hour ago today. :)

Picture to come after they get here.
(a mite difficult to take a photo of them before they arrive ...)

Merry Christmas, self. :)

I've been away from Cold Steel for quite a while. But seeing the company is sold and some of its folders are discounted by dealers (to what they should cost IMO), I ordered four. I'll see if they hold up to the hype.

Hope the new owners don't think what they see is a ""FAN BOYS" will by ANY THING with our Brand on it!" and cheap crap every thing thinking the hard earned CS brand reputation will carry them through. I get CS products because they work and are a decent price they get get to us customers! I mean the Recon 1s and others with decent blade steel. And CS was carrying "lower steel" blades that would be other manufacturer's "TOP OF THE LINE PRODUCTS!" at decent prices the original owners did made me shift to get their "Lower End" products as well, to get one toss it where it might be needed and forget about it and know I can trust it to work if needed!

Hope the new owners don't think what they see is a ""FAN BOYS" will by ANY THING with our Brand on it!" and cheap crap every thing thinking the hard earned CS brand reputation will carry them through. I get CS products because they work and are a decent price they get get to us customers! I mean the Recon 1s and others with decent blade steel. And CS was carrying "lower steel" blades that would be other manufacturer's "TOP OF THE LINE PRODUCTS!" at decent prices the original owners did made me shift to get their "Lower End" products as well, to get one toss it where it might be needed and forget about it and know I can trust it to work if needed!
Fact of manufacturing: "You're only as good as the last one sold."
(In restaurant-ese: "You're only as good as the meal you just served".)
Anything and everything before that is irrelevant.

Sadly, there are no doubt some CS Fans/Fanatics who will buy anything branded Cold Steel.
For proof, look at Gerber. At one time, Gerber was a top quality brand. Today? Not so much. "A joke" might be more accurate, But you still have Gerber Fanatics who think the company can do no bad/are incapable of producing less than "perfect" products. Who honestly believe those saying Gerber knives are (at best) .... umm ... "garbage" ... don't know their ... umm ... Biblical term for "Donkey" ... from a hole in the ground.
:(

(Family forum. There mite be some her's and younglings present. Gotta watch language ....)
(where I come from a "kid" is a baby goat and/or sheep. I'll take a chance and presume there no kids here.)

Back