Just pix of knives

bwtWQZY.jpg

rDB6ig2.jpg

ClUq2LM.jpg

Hard to find, made by one of the greats. Today I have my old David Boye Prophet with Dendritic steel blade and what seems to be some type of poly resin fiber high compression tactically surfaced with non proprietary multi dimensional 4D none printed intuitively orienting nano-ai infused unbullet proof handle skin.

All that being said, I paid $50 for it back in the early 80s and for a Zytel handled, sintered, cast 440C folder with that kind of performance was a bargain rivaled only by the SOG Mini-Autoclip in BG42 released around the same time.

iFwetuah.jpg

lgS55IHh.jpg

kPUR6V0.jpg

0oCBjGm.jpg

TURIXgeh.jpg

He stopped using the Dendritic 440C steel in favor of the cobalt for one of if not the only folder he still makes. IIRC there’s a variation of the saltwater friendly Prophet with a marlin spike for rope work, I’d love to get one of those.

Not my knife, pic borrowed from the internet.
boye-boat-knife-w-marlinspike-19.jpg

David Boye has his own way of making knives and has a pretty interesting book on how to do what he did without breaking the bank. It’s called

51iJA-zTYwL._SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg

Certainly worth the read.

Hmm, see if you can guess which are hers and which mine...
She got the Izula today, loves it and has glow-in-the-dark paracord on the way. The ENZO is cool, will get handles and a kydex sheath. Skirts don't seem to have pockets so she has a Neptune Concealment wallet on the way and I'm supposed to make up a kydex sheath to attach the Izula to it so they can both clip onto a waistband. I like the ENZO but think I really want a 3" sheapsfoot fixed.lots22.jpg

Back