Just pix of knives

11yVsPk.jpg

how do you like the Mongoose? i've always wanted to handle one

It's a very interesting and unusual little/big knife. On the one hand it's sleek and lightweight like a medium-sized gent's knife, but on the other, it feels husky, solid and ergonomic enough to be a real working knife; sort of like a Case Slim Trapper was crossed with a "tactical" kukri folder, but built like a refined custom flipper. The fit and finish are absolutely flawless and the action is perfectly dialed-in. The only potential downside might be sharpening the pronounced recurve, but it's hollow-ground very thin at the edge, so a ceramic rod sharpener should do the trick. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
It's a very interesting and unusual little/big knife. On the one hand it's sleek and lightweight like a medium-sized gent's knife, but on the other, it feels husky, solid and ergonomic enough to be a real working knife; sort of like a Case Slim Trapper was crossed with a "tactical" kukri folder, but built like a refined custom flipper. The fit and finish are absolutely flawless and the action is perfectly dialed-in. The only potential downside might be sharpening the pronounced recurve, but it's hollow-ground very thin at the edge, so a ceramic rod sharpener should do the trick. I highly recommend it.

Thanks, i have a spyderco sharpmaker so I think I would be good, still tend to shy away from Recurve blades unless I fall in love with the design and can't say no.. that's what held me back from the mongoose. Thanks for the info, beautiful knife!

Back