Just purchased this "WW2 Kabar" ... how did I do??😅

4/0 (0000) steel wool with a little light oil is good for the job, it will not scratch the non rusted steel. Sharpening is up to you, If you plan to use it sharper is good, if it's going to be a display knife maybe as is will suffice since you don't need bleeding fingers on others if you let others fondle it. How well you did depends on what you paid, condition is everything when evaluating collectibles. I like these too, have a dozen or so, several unused, they are certainly iconic knives.

Coolbreezy, your M3 was only made during the war, none were made afterwards. The M3 was superceded by the M4 bayonet. I take it yours is guard marked?

PPai
4/0 (0000) steel wool with a little light oil is good for the job, it will not scratch the non rusted steel. Sharpening is up to you, If you plan to use it sharper is good, if it's going to be a display knife maybe as is will suffice since you don't need bleeding fingers on others if you let others fondle it. How well you did depends on what you paid, condition is everything when evaluating collectibles. I like these too, have a dozen or so, several unused, they are certainly iconic knives.
Paid 400 bucks for it. Ive seen prices all over the place, does that sound about right given the condition of the knife?

Back