Just received a gorgeous fixed blade!

I have purchased around four or five knives from Delta Z, most of them close outs that were remarkably priced...They are very well made with a fit and finish found on the best production knives..I too had great service...The DR osprey is a very nice knife and again an excellent value...I have seen a article recently about a new manual stilleto that I believe is availible now...Rich

rbslaughter,

Welcome to the forums!!

It's good to see another dedicated Delta Z owner. I've bought a few closeouts meself and have never been disappointed with any Z I've handled. I own 3 Ospreys including the Damascus/Red Maple and eagerly await the next version of the DR beauty. (This "foxey folder" was also featured in this year's March issue of Blade magazine.) The Ospreys and Skeletons are some of the slickest opening, ergonomicaly balanced, and sensuous blades out there. DZ's Customer service is first class and it's always a great pleasure to chat with Barnaby.

If you like the closeouts and bargains, watch for a seller named up-for-grabs on e-bay as well. He ocassionally offers some DZ protos and super seconds. You'll be pleasantly suprised if ya close a deal with him!

Stay safe! Stay sharp!

Originally posted by rbslaughter
I have seen a article recently about a new manual stilleto that I believe is availible now...Rich
I've got one ... I'd seen it at the Blade Show and couldn't wait for it to hit the open market!

It is a very solid knife, smooth as silk ... it almost feels like something is missing, it opens so effortlessly :D The blade is beautiful, actually a very old, conservative design, quite sharp out of the box, but I put an even finer edge on it, then beat on it to see what it would take to dull it. It holds the edge through vegetables, weeds, and whittling very nicely. The handle is thick, a real handful, fortunately. My paw is too broad for a slim grip. Good clip: it sits securely in my pocket, and is easy to draw and open. You can "wave" it like an Emerson or flick it by the guard like a DDR flipper. I almost considered removing the thumbstud, but that's well-designed, too, and very comfortable.

Need I say, I really, really like the knife!?

Back