Just received my new Large Sebenza 31, what is next in the CRK lineup for me?

Hi all,

I just got the large and what a piece of art, wow, its stunning.

I have the small 31 for daily carry and will use this new beauty large 31 on weekends.

But--what is next for me. I am NOT a collector but I do love Chris Reeve knives, something about them just resonates with me. I am not sure what it is. As I said, I am a total newbie but have been bit by the bug as they say.

I know its purely subjective but what would be my next step purchase if I wanted to stay with Chris Reeve? And BTW, I dont know why but other companies dont "cut" it for me, pardon the pun. Hinderer, Benchmade, Medford, Stryder are amazing knives and some look absolutely stunning and I know the quality is top nothc but they dont move me. Chris reeve knives do.

So with that said, I am not a wood guy. I dont like wood inlays.

I like plain janes and silver looking knives.

I guess I have to choose from:

The Inkosi
The Zaan

And thats it right?

First world problems I know but what do you guys think?
PS- I saved my funds for these and have a budget , its not like I can get them all. I would say one more and my knife budget is way gone and way over, so as a last knife, one last hoorah, which Chris Reeve would you get if this was your situation.

Thanks in advance, great website and super community.

Some 21's are still available. In a few years when they are harder to get I think people will wish they held on to them.
The inkosi is an awesome knife. A little beefier knife with huge pivot and very smooth action. It's basically an umnum and sebenza put together.

I love the Inkosi, my favorite Crk. But with that being said I think everyone should experience a sebenza 21. It’s kinda CRKs flagship model. Inkosi’s will be around a long time. Maybe look for a plain sebenza 21 with silver hardware. But if I had only one more Crk to get between your choices (Inkosi or Zaan) my vote goes Inkosi.

Not sure about you Sir, but I know what is next for me. KArt large CF 31 with Insingo s45vn blade

Xc2vwWi.jpg

Zaan gets my vote out of the PJs.

Last edited:
I would say enjoy what you have for sure. I see no need to buy anything else.

If I were going to add one more it would be a 21 or a Zaan.

since you have a drop point or 2, I'd recommend a large 21 black micarta with Insingo blade - if you can find one

Thanks all. Great thoughts. i will keep you posted. Great forum and thanks again for helping a newbie

The Inkosi (lg) is a great knife, more like a supersized Sebenza31.
The Umnumzaan is a little different. The opening work different and the harpoon shaped blade is a class of itself.
There is the risk you don't like it and the chance that you will love it.
I like the shape of the handle very much. Maybe you can handle one before you buy.
Welcome to the world of CRK.

Back