Just sippin’ here (the pottery and knife thread)

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Now who doesn’t like sittin’ back, sippin’ a coffee/beverage and fondling a beautiful blade. I don’t care if it’s an auto, slipjoint, fixed blade or modern folder, I want to see them with your favorite mug or pottery piece! This thread is all about mugs (pottery) and continues the fun here at the Sharp & Fiery sub! 😁 Story behind your favorite piece is a bonus (for me. 🤣)

Of course I will start this off, and also say that this thread was inspired by Jon0385 Jon0385 Hope to see yours posted here!! 😎

This is one of a set of mugs that my wife and I acquired on our trip to South Carolina to see some friends back in 2019. It’s one of my favorite mugs. Currently filled with my FIL’s homemade apple cider! Mmm.
281B69C2-9CD9-4474-9903-9DE5403DE0A6.jpeg

Last edited:
B2C954E9-AB1C-44E7-BB2A-BE9CB236D3CD.jpeg504515BA-8479-4302-9D16-67FABA6560F5.jpeg
I have a decent collection of coffee mugs, so I’m sure I’ll be able to contribute to this thread with some variety. It’ll be interesting to see everyone else’s too.
This mug was made by a Coast Guard member which I am too. I jumped at buying one because it has a Chief’s anchor on one side and he had the ability to put a Cuttermans Pin on the other. I figured I could troll aviators at work who joined a sea going service to fly because they’re scared of boats 🤣.

Now who doesn’t like sittin’ back, sippin’ a coffee/beverage and fondling a beautiful blade. I don’t care if it’s an auto, slipjoint, fixed blade or modern folder, I want to see them with your favorite mug or pottery piece! This thread is all about mugs (pottery) and continues the fun here at the Sharp & Fiery sub! 😁 Story behind your favorite piece is a bonus (for me. 🤣)

Of course I will start this off, and also say that this thread was inspired by Jon0385 Jon0385 Hope to see yours posted here!! 😎

This is one of a set of mugs that my wife and I acquired on our trip to South Carolina to see some friends back in 2019. It’s one of my favorite mugs. Currently filled with my FIL’s homemade apple cider! Mmm.
View attachment 1718022
Hey my wife has a mug just like that that we got in NC at a neat little town called Hendersonville. Pretty neat hand made mugs! I like the cpk too, fantastic builds 😍

Here we have a pleasant piece of pottery my wife and I were gifted when we got married. One of my friend’s brother made it. :)
Shown with a fantastic fixed by Matt Bailey.
19643000-7AF6-40FF-85D5-3A3917525916.jpeg

Here is a special one of my wife’s (sometimes I use it cause I like it! Haha)
It was a Christmas gift to her this year from our friends in SC.

I’d claim I’m winning Jon0385 Jon0385 , but I have a feeling you are pacing yourself. Haha! 🤣😂
640261ED-3882-47EE-AFAC-15BE7CD172E1.jpeg

37695F58-FEC3-4482-AC07-2D560D4DB0C9.jpeg
Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery the work week is a little tough because I only have 2 mugs at work. Here’s the other. My wife had this made for me a few years ago. When I was stationed in Bahrain I thought the unit was going to have mugs made, but that fell through. In my disappointment I made one with with ptouch labels and tape. The design of this one is more of a permanent replica of that hence the boxes.
As for rule #23 it’s a modification of Gibbs’ rules from the show NCIS. While most here know rule #9 there are bunch other good ones too.

View attachment 1719413
Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery the work week is a little tough because I only have 2 mugs at work. Here’s the other. My wife had this made for me a few years ago. When I was stationed in Bahrain I thought the unit was going to have mugs made, but that fell through. In my disappointment I made one with with ptouch labels and tape. The design of this one is more of a permanent replica of that hence the boxes.
As for rule #23 it’s a modification of Gibbs’ rules from the show NCIS. While most here know rule #9 there are bunch other good ones too.

Most excellent!

I have the week off…so…there is that. 🤣😂🤣

17034C75-F593-4DAB-A4FE-40598FE57EF0.jpeg
This one is cheating a bit because it’s an older picture. I whittled up this little Chief and he had his own coffee mug. Unfortunately my dogs ate him and I haven’t gotten mentally prepared enough to do another one yet.

That is unfortunate! Love “the chief!”
Wait till you see the next “for fun” S&F thread. :)

Excellent slip BTW. Very cool.

I have the southpaw version of your mug that my wife got me for Christmas a few years ago.

AJtiDhN.jpg

Back