K-BOAR Pig Sticker in Green Canvas Micarta

Discussion in 'Koster Knives' started by Daniel Koster, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Bubinga K-BOAR is sold.

Waiting to hear back from the folks who emailed me regarding the controversial "thought-it-was-red-but-really-is-brown" linen micarta one.

:D :p

2. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Brown linen micarta K-BOAR is now SOLD. Thanks!

3. Jeff Michaud

Jeff Michaud

Sep 9, 2006
    Shappa, I know; I didn't see that design on the website, though. And, I love that he's doing his designs with G-10 now. Plus, have you seen the waiting line in his "orders in" page. Poor guy hardly sleeps as it is. I actually had a very positive experience buying a WSK from him through here. He actually graciously replied to all 50 of my incessently neurotic emails, and put a lot of extra work into the knife at his own suggestion. I wish I could leave him positive feedback here somehow like we do on ebay. :D

4. Mick57

Mick57

May 27, 2004
    Just curious, what is your reason for the holes in the blade? Looks, weight saving?

5. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    yes, the holes are mostly for looks/design...

The next run will be without holes...just to stir things up a bit.

Thanks for all the great comments and feedback, guys! :thumbup:

6. SpearZ

SpearZ

Sep 5, 2006
    Good for you Daniel and the many buyers that want that knife right on. I think you got more orders on that one than you could have anticipated. Hey like I said early, it's good for the buyer and the knifemaker.

Keep'em coming we are all waiting for your next big breakthrough design!

7. Mick57

Mick57

May 27, 2004
    OK, thanks. So guys actually hunt wild pigs with a knife?? :eek: :eek: Is that big in the South? Needless to say, I'm clueless on that one.

8. Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack

Oct 25, 2002
    concentrate on my voice Daniel....The holes must stay...holes are good...yes, holes are good....holes are your friend...must stay....no holes is baaaaaaad....yes, Daniel, baaaaaad. ;)

9. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Thanks for the support, Jack! :thumbup: :D

10. SpearZ

SpearZ

Sep 5, 2006
    As I posted earlier:

The knife could be made both ways, with or without holes:eek:

Daniel's willing to make more and his customers happy making either version, congrats to him.

Knifemaker and buyer are happy in the end, great knife at a price the buyer's are scooping up.

11. SpearZ

SpearZ

Sep 5, 2006
    With all the replies I am thinking of ordering one myself Daniel. Can you post a picture of one without holes when made.

Plus, are you still taking orders on this knife with or without holes?

Cheers!

12. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
  13. Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack

Oct 25, 2002
    Just got my K-Boar from Daniel. :D

This is quite a knife! :thumbup: :thumbup: two thumbs up Daniel. Well done!

14. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Thanks, Cousin Jack! :thumbup:

Glad you like it....got a chance to put mine to the test this week - worked great!

15. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Boar pic:

[​IMG]

16. SpearZ

SpearZ

Sep 5, 2006
    When you see the knife in that picture, it shows the real look of the knife.

:) Big kick ass knife.