K1 Dobermann Pics

Since there has been some discussion of the K1 Dobermann handles I felt it would be appropriate to post some pictures.

K1S-Miles.jpg

Hey now! That sure is one purrrty knife there!

:D

Kind of a "classic fighter" style?

I've admired this design, but I hadn't seen any photos that showed it off so well.
Very hand-inviting.
It has a lot of the Persian-fighter in it.

A great blade with noble features. The case is wonderful. Very appealing to the eye.

I went to www.extremaratio.com and got the actual dimensions of this knife and converted them to American inches.

Total Length: 11.8"

Blade Length: 6.3"

Blade Thickness: .25"

In reference to the black Bakelite handle, I think ER chose this material with great deliberation.
Bakelite has many good qualities and it surprises me more knifemakers don't use it regularly.
After studying Bakelite on the internet, I consider it superior to micarta.
Just because "they" discovered Bakelite 100 years ago shouldn't count against it.
I like proven technology.
In seven years or so, the world's most capable combat handgun will have reached the ripe old age of 100.

Enough about Bakelite.

The sheath for this knife fascinates me.
I would like to know more about it.
As a left-hander, over the years I have learned to do everything with both hands.
I also like to carry things on both sides, interchangeably.
This sheath looks ambidextrous.

Also, the ER site describes this knife as having a shoulder harness.
I'd like to see that.

Greg Walker, former publisher of FIGHTING KNIVES lived here in my home community of Bend, OR, some years ago.
I saw him once walking down the hall of my hospital with a fighting knife in an upside-down shoulder harness, and it practically disappeared under his arm by virtue of its unusual orientation and placement.

Finally, the grip on this knife, although designed to facilitate the thumb forward saber grip, looks perfect for the paintbrush grip, as well.
It looks like it would transition between these two grips, which I favor, effortlessly and without thought.

ER describes this knife as "multipurpose" but it looks like the ultimate self-defense knife to me.
I can see where it could serve very well as a camp knife, as well, and so I suppose that makes it multipurpose.

I would like to see the shoulder harness deployed, and I'd like to know if the shoulder harness comes with the setup shown on this page and the price.

Ken,

You seem to have the situation in hand! This is a great knife...just VERY limited availability.

I will post some pics of the sheath deployed...stand by!

Cool. what I really want to see is how the handle is attached and how the guard is attached.

In the past Frank given us some remarkable photos in response to our requests.
I suspect he has more than a few brands in the fire right now.
I only make this post in order to move this thread back up to the top and keep it in view.
I look forward to seeing the Doberman disassembled, and the shoulder harness too.

Back