K390 Military

For a person that isn't a complete steel expert, how much difference is there between CruWear and K390?

A sh!tload :p:D

cruwear is super tough

k390 is super wear resistant.

K390 is quite tough for how wear resistant it is. David Williamson told me tougher than m390 and s110v- magic steel, bohler uses 0.5% unicorn horn and 2.3% pixie dust in their steels.

Some people say K390 is tough and some people say K390 is tough when compared to the high wear resistant steels that aren't tough at all. There doesn't seem to be anyone really testing toughness. I'm not sure toughness is needed in folders other than to avoid chipping.

I mean, assuming that you're not part of the "hard use folders" crew.

Resistance to chipping is important. The Military has a long thin tip, so resistance to breaking would be important too.

i read that once sharp, they will most likely stay sharp 'forever'...(referring to M390 and K390)

question is, what if...they do need sharpening one day, how in the heck do you sharpen this stuff if grinding and shaping it is a nightmare to begin with

One of my mules was pretty dull on receipt. Wouldnt shave or cut paper. 10 min. on the edge pro and it was stupid sharp.

Some people say K390 is tough and some people say K390 is tough when compared to the high wear resistant steels that aren't tough at all. There doesn't seem to be anyone really testing toughness. I'm not sure toughness is needed in folders other than to avoid chipping.

I mean, assuming that you're not part of the "hard use folders" crew.

If I can't throw it through 2 car doors with a minimum 10" O.D. tree behind it and have enough blade exiting to pierce a minimum 250 lb man's heart it's not for me.

Back