K390 Military

No... seriously. Check out the Spyderco Forum

I think you mean the M390 Military with ply peel CF from knifeworks?? Supposedly they taking payments tomorrow I got one one preorder.

K390 is a whole nother animal. IIRC it is coming out in a mule team hopefully (possibly and theoretically maybe) after the Elmax mule. According to a post by Sal, Elmax mule will hit this month.

Last edited:
I think you mean the M390 Military with ply peel CF from knifeworks?? Supposedly they taking payments tomorrow I got one one preorder.

K390 is a whole nother animal. IIRC it is coming out in a mule team hopefully after the Elmax mule. Accordin to a post by Sal, Elmax mule will hit this month.

Oops...my bad. sorry guys!

CTS-B75P? How does that compare to the other steels mentioned here.

Going back and reading through the whole thread it is all way over my head, having said such I would buy two if a Mule Team were released in K390, but I would be terrified if and when they became dull as re-sharpening sounds like it would be above my current skill level.

We may all be getting a little over-excited here I may add. From this thread, Sal did not say specifically that a Mule would be produced in K390, it was simply stated that steel was ordered. If this is for testing purposes or Mule production may be anyone's guess...

Or am I missing something, does anyone have further insight?

Sal...?

CTS-B75P? How does that compare to the other steels mentioned here.
It's Carpenter's powder metallurgy version of BG-42. So basically it'll have have properties similar to regular BG-42 except with somewhat higher toughness and, probably, the ability to take a slightly finer edge (both owing to the finer, more uniform grain structure yielded by making the steel with PM instead of conventional methods).

I'm looking forward to trying CTS-B75P since I've never even owned a knife with BG-42; it should make a very good EDC steel. But it's not even close to being in the same class in terms of wear resistance as the ultra-high-vanadium steels (such as K390) being discussed in this thread.

Sorry, always looking for an update here. And to the older post about the BD75P, it's not even close to M390, which isn't even close to K390. K390 is that good from what we have been told in the custom world.

So, Sal, hit me with an update!

Not likely to happen, I talked to Sal once about S110V and he said they had made 8 blades out of it and it had taken hours per blade and multiple belts, which is the reason they most likely will never use it or similar steel like K390. Unless they could some how come up with some other process to make it more efficient

Seems like they've worked out that little problem now :thumbup:

I'd rather see a PM2 in K390, though.

For a person that isn't a complete steel expert, how much difference is there between CruWear and K390?

Back