K9 Knives UNOFFICAL pic...

Looking at the knife and its size I don't think a large dog would match it for a name. That said, if I may, what do you think of some of these:

1. Halden Hound (Haldenstovare) - Origin Norway - it is said that the Halden Hound can withstand cold and is a fast hunter able to chase quarry for long periods at a quick pace. He is not a pack hound. He hunts hare and other plains quarry.

2. Mountain Cur - Origin USA - The Mountain Cur is a type of working dog used for treeing and trailing game; mainly squirrel and raccoon, but also large game. It is a member of the Hound group and is one of several varieties of cur. They can also be used as water dogs. Mainly bred in Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee.

3. African Wild Dog / Painted Dog / Wildehond (in Afrikaans) - Origin Africa - African Wild Dogs are pack hunters. Their main prey varies among populations, but always focuses on medium sized ungulates such as impala. A few packs, however, will also include much larger animals, such as zebras, in their prey. This requires a closely coordinated attack, beginning with a rapid charge to stampede the herd. One wild dog then grabs the victim's tail, while another attacks the upper lip, and the remainder disembowel the zebra while it is immobilised. Remarkably, this appears to be a learned tactic, passed on from generation to generation within specific hunting packs, rather than an instinctive behaviour found commonly within the species. Like most members of the dog family, they are cursorial hunters, meaning that they pursue their prey in a long, open chase, rather than relying on stealth as most members of the cat family. During pursuit, they may reach speeds of up to 45 mph. Nearly 80% of all hunts end in a kill.

4. Canaan Dog (Hebrew: Kelev K'naani) - Origin Acient Isreal - This dog is one of the oldest, dating back to biblical times. Wild dogs of Israel, adaptable Canaan dogs were produced to guard, herd, and manage sheep of the ancient Israelites, along with guarding their camps. They were plentiful in the region until the dispersion of the Israelites by the Romans in the 2nd century. As the Hebrew population dropped, the majority of the dogs sought refuge in the Negev Desert, a natural reservoir of Israeli wildlife. Avoiding extinction, they remained undomesticated for the most part, although some lived with the Bedouins and earned their keep by guarding the herds and camps.

Just some thoughts and suggestions,
rgc
(who is rather excited about this new knife)

How about "Alpha" as in the alpha male/female or first blade or somethin'?

How about "Alpha" as in the alpha male/female or first blade or somethin'?

That is an excellent suggestion. I had been thinking along the lines of the first domesticated breed (Canis Lupus), but I like this idea even more. I think I will change my other post.

Rick

The finish on the blade is called a "smoke" finish.
Is that a bead blasted surface? Fine looking knife by the way. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Just signed up for your mailing list. Very nice looking knife you have there, I'm looking forward to seeing more photos soon!

Back