KA-BAR Chat thread - Come on in the house

Do your worst. :D

On second thought, I don't even wanna know what your worst is, give me something in the middle. :D

Walking through the PX on Fort Belvoir revealed this:

A local CUTCO rep had a table display out.

Going through my Photobucket revealed I had some old photos from my trip to the CUTCO/KA-BAR Visitor's Center in Olean, NY. Sorry for the quality.

I got a Cutco Explorer. Damn fine knife.....

Moose

Isn't that one essentially a NextGen with a different ricasso stamp? Or the D2 Extreme, except in 440A rather than D2?

Yes I did. Good luck... I didn't reply because it didn't look like from what you said that you expected a reply. :D And I am a very frugal person who doesn't like to waste any bits or bytes.:rolleyes:

Walking through the PX on Fort Belvoir revealed this:

A local CUTCO rep had a table display out.

What are those black/green handled things?

They look like they have a generic tweener handle shape, with maybe... 6in blades? Kind of a low grind though, but its the most interesting thing on that table to my eye.

Yes I did. Good luck... I didn't reply because it didn't look like from what you said that you expected a reply. :D And I am a very frugal person who doesn't like to waste any bits or bytes.:rolleyes:

Thanks. Just making sure, it seems that my emails aren't going through to some people.

Are they the same material as the Beckers, kraton like on the black Kabars or "something else"?

The green handles must be discontinued now, as I couldn't find them on the Cutco site.

edit- found a very small note in a Cutco online catalog that I could only read when I somehow accidentally zoomed in and the Outdoorsman comes with black and green handles.

Last edited:
If the handles are the same size it would be cool to put some green ones on a tweener.

Also, what is the relation between CUTCO and KA-BAR? Is CUTCO like the cheaper version?

Back