KA-BAR Chat thread - Come on in the house

this thread needs more traction.
what's your idea of a practical "dream kabar" -- a CPM154 dog's head outdoors knife?
mk1 blade on a mk 2 handle?
a kabar version of the 225Q?

How about nice mid-priced folder in some decent steel? The Dozers are a nice value folder, but the handle feels really cheap to me. I like the Jarosz offerings, but the one I handled seemed a little bulky for everyday pocket carry. The other Mule/Warthog/etc offerings don’t speak to me. Maybe a flipper, stainless (or titanium) frame lock, in 154 or S35 would be sweet.

this thread needs more traction.
what's your idea of a practical "dream kabar" -- a CPM154 dog's head outdoors knife?
mk1 blade on a mk 2 handle?
a kabar version of the 225Q?

I think the Dozier folders with a nicer steel like D2 or S35vn and without the black coating would be well worth the upgrade and would be able to compete with the RAT folders for quality on a budget.

I wish they still offered the dark safety sunglasses. Cool AF, and the best glasses to ride with when I go helmetless.

Did you guys check the new folding flipper they had at BLADE? Got 2 of those and already started to mod one, ordered bronze washers to get a smoother action, I dig it a lot. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

interested to hear how that works - I got 2, lightened the pivot by 1/4 turn so it would flip better, but now have a little blade wobble.

not until the mod is complete. Doing some sanding now :D

I can tell you, the coating on these folders ain't no joke. I blasted the blade and clip with spray stripper and let it sit for half and hour and it laughed at me. Taking off some of it with sandpaper is slow work.

new thread with pics of the flipper and mod

All this time I've been calling my foliage green 1211 a 1211 when it's actually a 5011. Learn something new everyday.

You're a month too late for all the great blueberry picking there. Watch for the black bears, they have been growing steadily in population. Had a lot of them in my yard when I was living on the SW edge of the park. Beautiful and quite rugged in there with many trails much tougher than the AT. Have a great hike!!

You're a month too late for all the great blueberry picking there. Watch for the black bears, they have been growing steadily in population. Had a lot of them in my yard when I was living on the SW edge of the park. Beautiful and quite rugged in there with many trails much tougher than the AT. Have a great hike!!
Thanks Gene. I try to be as loud as I can when I hiking. Atleast give the Bears a heads up and not surprise one. Only saw one on the Last hike. About 50 yards out and running away:thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm more concerned about the copperheads.

Back