Ka-Bar is playing with S35V. Time to push for a revamped BK77?

When the BK77s were around, I hadn't yet discovered Jessica. When I was doing the video with Kabar at SHOT and we got to the Snody knives, they said they were going to be in S35V. I didn't think about it at the time, but maybe another limited run of BK77's with the better S35V steel is in order? I'd kill for an S35V Jessica!

You can't take it with you when your dead... Bring on the S35V BK.... Insert any applicable nunber

So totally didn't know you had a bladeforums account Preparedmind. But yes s35v would be legit in the BK7 variety!

S35V BK-16 17 and 15 please! ... Oh man the 15 in S35V man oh man, that would be such a knife. Then nobody could say, "Well its thin so how could it be a outdoor survival knife." or "Im afraid I will break it."

Yep, I'd like to see a 15 in that steel.

Last edited:
Why did you not think of this while talking to Ethan? Why? HAYULYEAH I would like to see any of the tweeners in S35V, prolly 'cause those are the only ones I could even think about affording. As for the rest of the BK&T lineup.....well, the BK77's sold out, did they not?

Why did you not think of this while talking to Ethan? Why? HAYULYEAH I would like to see any of the tweeners in S35V, prolly 'cause those are the only ones I could even think about affording. As for the rest of the BK&T lineup.....well, the BK77's sold out, did they not?

There is no such thing as an unsold 77.

Tweeners in s35v would be nice but for anything bigger 3v would be the cpm steel of my choice.....as I choose toughness over abrasion resistance

BK2 in 3v....... pure megalomania :-D

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing the small of the Becker line in the S35V. I plan on replacing one of my folders with a BK 11/14/24 some day... but I think it would be like an instant buy if it was in S35V.

Because you own them all :D

that's not quite true...

given how well they sold at Camillus... and then even at a STUPIDLY good price special edition via surplus and retooled by KaBar... then they sold a bit faster...

y'all say you want the weird steels, but until KaBar can do small sprint runs, and not have to tool up much, or warehouse stock, they're less likely to do it.

nobody wants to sit on 1000 unsold knives. esp that expensive.

Back