KA-BAR Photo Thread - Post Your Ka-Bar Knife Pictures Here

PHFFMSO.jpg

Been on this site for years and haven't spent much time in this forum. Been getting into Kabars lately and thought I would share my oldest.

Came from Grandma's live in boyfriend. He passed away and Grandma was being moved into a residential facility. Boyfriend was in the Army and I had seen some pictures of him in Italy at the end of WWII. My Dad thought this knife was somehow related due to the age but I honestly have no idea where/when he got it.

Still has a tight handle and even though it looks like it has been sharpened numerous time, it is still sharp and I think would handle it's business.

Looks like WWII vintage based on what I've seen. If I'm wrong, feel free to redirect me.

Be Safe!

Tad

IMG_0052.jpg IMG_0053.jpg IMG_0054.jpg IMG_0055.jpg IMG_0056.jpg

Been on this site for years and haven't spent much time in this forum. Been getting into Kabars lately and thought I would share my oldest.

Came from Grandma's live in boyfriend. He passed away and Grandma was being moved into a residential facility. Boyfriend was in the Army and I had seen some pictures of him in Italy at the end of WWII. My Dad thought this knife was somehow related due to the age but I honestly have no idea where/when he got it.

Still has a tight handle and even though it looks like it has been sharpened numerous time, it is still sharp and I think would handle it's business.

Looks like WWII vintage based on what I've seen. If I'm wrong, feel free to redirect me.

Be Safe!

Tad

View attachment 1551197 View attachment 1551198 View attachment 1551199 View attachment 1551200 View attachment 1551201

WW2 era 1219C2 by Union Cutlery/Kabar. Thick pommel, round tang, no red spacers, most likely April to June/July 1943. Before the change to rectangular tang.

Do you have any more photos of the kabar in that savage leather sheath. I have been looking as his work and wanted to see what it looks like in the sheath
Took a couple quick ones. I've been running Savage stuff for a while now and really like it. His work is very consistent and priced nicely. I've had him make stuff that he doesn't list and it has always been top notch.

Have had or currently have following Savage Sheaths: Gerber MK I, EK/Kabar Dagger, Cold Steel Wasp, Cold Steel Warcraft and a Cold Steel Survivalist.

Pics:
IMG_0106.jpgIMG_0107.jpgIMG_0108.jpg

Ordered this about 6 weeks ago and have been thinking I'm crazy for spending more for a sheath than the knife. Kind of like the optic/rifle debate I have with myself sometimes.

Came in the mail today and fits all of my Kabars like a champ. As always, excellent quality from Patriot Leather.

Anybody else upside down in their sheath?

IMG_0129.jpgIMG_0130.jpgIMG_0131.jpg

Back