Kabar 1217 pin question

Hello this is my first post sorry if it’s a bit of a newbie question but this is my second fixed blade, the pin that holds the tang at the bottom of the kabar is not flush with the handle is this just a cosmetic flaw? Really great knife though.

https://imgur.com/a/eaa66Yh

Welcome to the forum.

Just cosmetic. They are all more or less the same. I’d hit it with a file if there is a sharp burr. Then I’d give it a few coats of black testors model paint. Or even black rustoleum depending on which can was handy.

Thank you for the reply, the pin is not sticking out it’s the opposite it’s a bit sunken into the butt cap if that makes sense?

I know it’s recessed a little. Your pictures are excellent.

The hole looked like it might have a rough edge. So mentioned the file. A heavy coat of paint or better yet several light coats would probably fill the hole. Or if it bothers you. Some JB WELD would definitely fill it.

Or just ignore it. It’s normal.

These little imperfections are why we can afford these knives. They are just banging them together fast as they can. Time is money.

Sometimes I correct them sometimes I don’t bother

Thanks for getting back to me, that’s a relief I’ll just paint over it. I am still amazed by the quality of this knife for the price.

Back