KaBar wood handled camp axe/hatchet

Hi. I acquired an early mint example of a Kabar axe, wood handled, but can find no reference on them I would guess 30's-40's has anyone seen any reference material?

Thank you

Need a photo. KA-BAR (not Kabar) made a couple different hatchets (no axes) back in the 1930s. One had an all wood handle and another had an aluminum handle with wood inserts and an aluminum handled one with plastic inserts. Kabar was the mark used after they changed the name of the company from Union Cutlery Co to KA-BAR Incorporated in 1952.

Need a photo. KA-BAR (not Kabar) made a couple different hatchets (no axes) back in the 1930s. One had an all wood handle and another had an aluminum handle with wood inserts and an aluminum handled one with plastic inserts. Kabar was the mark used after they changed the name of the company from Union Cutlery Co to KA-BAR Incorporated in 1952.
Gunsil, please send me an email address I cannot seem to post pics on here...i appreciate the help

Mitch

Not really into posting my e-mail on a public forum. To post photos you need to use a photo sharing site like imgur. If you have a paid membership you can load photos straight from your computer. I had thought there was a personal message system here to send you my e-mail but there doesn't seem to be one. I would love to see your hatchet, there are photo posting instructions somewhere on this site.

Last edited:
Hi m3, found the message section but for some reason was not allowed by the site to send you one, I have no idea why that is. I would still love to see your hatchet!

Non paying members can’t get or send private messages. Or post pictures directly.

Either buy the membership or use a photo sharing site.

Back