Kai Shun Kaji series Sg2-Clad damascus steel

Hi to everyone. I just became a member of the forum mostly in search of answers on a specific concern I have. I found a website which is a store in my country selling different kinds of things for homes etc. and it happens to sell only Kaji series by Shun KAI knives, in a great discount. I was attracted specifically for the damascus steel version 5 set from a thousand euros discounted at 300 euros total cost. Wow hell of a chance I said. I ordered them immediately but I have some concerns on them being counterfeit. I know that it is a confirmed store for sure but I just can't find any other knives with the same handle as these of the kaji series. So I look for opinions, do you think it can be counterfeit or is it ok?

These are the knives https://www.homeone.gr/set-macha-ria-chef-5-tmch-kai-shun-kaji-kdm0006.html/ and thanks in advance for the help.

Fakes. If you look closely at the images in that link you posted, every single knife has the same model stamp: KDM0006 and "Chef". KDM0006 is the 8" Chef's knife. The others should all have different model numbers.

I have some real Shun Kaji knives. In the US, that model line is exclusive to Williams-Sonoma, which is where I bought them. Yours don't look like the real ones.

You may end up with the real thing, but the knives in those photos are not it.

Last edited:
The knives in the picture appear to be genuine .. What matters is what shows up at your home..
Well my friend as long as there is an invoice they cannot get away so I feel confident about it, as long as the pictures represent genuine knives. Id be glad to hear some more opinions, thanks for yours :)

Well my friend as long as there is an invoice they cannot get away so I feel confident about it, as long as the pictures represent genuine knives. Id be glad to hear some more opinions, thanks for yours :)
Jc57 says he owns that same line of Shun.. when the knives arrive, take pictures and post them. Then he can tell you what you have..

I am quite familiar with all of the Shun product lines sold in the US. I own knives from four of their lines, and have handled and have access to most of the others.

KAI may do something different in Europe, but those were not the Shun Kaji knives that are sold in the US, and the logo on the blades was faked for that set of 5.

Fakes. If you look closely at the images in that link you posted, every single knife has the same model stamp: KDM0006 and "Chef". KDM0006 is the 8" Chef's knife. The others should all have different model numbers.

I have some real Shun Kaji knives. In the US, that model line is exclusive to Williams-Sonoma, which is where I bought them. Yours don't look like the real ones.

You may end up with the real thing, but the knives in those photos are not it.

So what do you suggest mate? What should I do with the package when it arrives?

I did a search through Google Japan to see if there are any Shun Kajis with that handle and found none, including the Japan domestic market. I also found that Shuns, along with others, are heavily counterfeited in China. I would feel very uncomfortable with these. Can you just return them?

Back