• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

<SOLD>Kaibab Kommando 2 of 2... 80CRV2 Elk/leather/Ironwood

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings fellow knifeknuts and happy Fathers Day! Here’s a new model for me I’m calling the Kaibab Kommando (because I can that’s why! ;>) The Kaibab Plateau is north of the Grand Canyon, a very isolated region with limited accessibility (real mountain man country).

80CRV2 - Dimensions - 3/16” x 12 3/4” OAL and 7 9/16” from tip to guard and the height is 1 1/2”. There’s even filework on the spine for a little fancy flare! Hand sanded to 1200 grit for a clean satin finish. Paul Bos Heat Treat to 60/61. Balance is on the ricasso and the edge was about .015”. The spine is well rounded for a comfortable thumb and the deep swedge can be sharpened.

The handle features a steel guard with G10 spacers, finished to 1200 grit and buffed, leather and Ironwood with G10 spacers and a fine piece of Elk. The steel pommel is sculpted to match the antler’s undulations. Finished with multiple coats danish oil and carnauba wax. The handle feels great in my left and right average size hand with room to spare.

The premium sheath features my custom carving and is a snug fit with great retention yet easy to deploy.

21-10 1.jpg21-10 2.jpg21-10 3.jpg21-10 4.jpg21-10 5.jpg21-10 6.jpg21-10 7.jpg21-10 8.jpg21-10 9.jpg

This is a sweet blade for only $SOLD to your US door, and of course your satisfaction is my only priority. I can accept paypal, check or MO, and the price includes fees and free shipping in the US. Do not use any descriptors like knife, blade etc with paypal, they are getting stupid.

Thanks so much for looking! Please feel free to comment, ask anything here or via PM.

Last edited:
Another exquisitely detailed knife from this talented maker. Following the undulations up from above the stacked leather to the steel pommel is a really cool bit of work. Well done!

Wow guys thanks for all your kind compliments!! I really appreciate it.

Hi G gjk5dave , Thanks a ton, I got your email address so if you want to edit it out I'll get with you on PP tomorrow.

Thanks for all the kind replies guys, this one is sold.

Received this knife today and it is a beauty, thank you John! I will add to the comments above that the blending of the grooves in the elk antler to the other materials is even more beautiful in person.

Back