1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Kailash Blades- Show off your knives!

Discussion in 'Kailash Blades' started by Kailash Blades, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Kailash Blades

Kailash Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 21, 2015
    So you saved up all those hard earned clams, waited 6 whole weeks for us to forge it and it's finally arrived in your hands. Now what?
    Show it off of course!

Try and keep the chit chat minimal, focused on the blades being shown and if you have any questions or are looking to leave some in depth impressions or a review, start up a new thread for it.

Bonus points for:
    Knives and beer
    Knives in a beautiful place (on top of mountain, in an abandoned factory, in the hands of someone exceptionally good looking)
    Knives getting used and used hard! That's what they're designed for after all.

So who's out there that already has one of our blades?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. Kailash Blades

Kailash Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 21, 2015
    I'll start things off.
    My personal favourite knife from Kailash is this Regent long knife of mine. It's been used to baton through rafters, butcher goannas, and at one point was chopped at full force into the edge of another knife, necessitating a partial regrind. Really nice hamon on it I got through a balsamic vinegar acid wash.

[​IMG]

3. Patrice

Patrice

Jun 22, 2018
    Few pics of a Mutiny/Fighter hybrid I purchased from you guys last year. It’s an absolute beast but agile and light in the hand for its size:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Hey mate! That thing looks as fresh as the day we sent it out, you haven't been keeping it hidden away have you?

5. Patrice

Patrice

Jun 22, 2018
    Haha, it’s hard to get out and about with it in the UK. I’m actually off work as we speak coz I got careless chopping at the base of some bushes and hit my ankle :oops:. Just the 4 stitches for my troubles! Didn’t think the pic would look too good in the thread though!

Kailash Blades likes this.
  6. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Hahaha well we all have to learn how to use them safely somehow. I have 3 scars on my left index from the same thing. I'm a slow learner but 3rd time is a charm.
    Good proof that these things are sharp though at least

Patrice likes this.
  7. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Welcome on BF!
    I think you know my pics already :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
  9. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Hey there! Thanks for the welcome and yep I sure do! I was just thinking recently how lucky you got on the wood on that handle it has a lot of texture and activity for rosewood and looks pretty great in that beer photo you posted a while ago.

FullMetalJackass likes this.
  10. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    @lex2006 Cursive scourge combo! Very classy

lex2006 likes this.
  11. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    [​IMG]

eveled and Kailash Blades like this.
  12. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Nice mate.
    That raw fuller is really starting to look good with high points getting scratched up and made a little shiny

13. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    [​IMG]

14. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Very nice pic!
    This looks so polished and tidy, have you cut up anything fun with it yet?

15. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Nothing drastic, just small stuff in the garden, I'd just given it a going over with flitz and ballistol so I thought I'd take a pic.

16. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    It's looking excellent! Great to see people caring for their blades. Next time you give it a workout you should take some pics for a comparison

17. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ek Chirra with Saree Micarta. Feels invincible even with Jenkinsiana.

Paul Toady and Kailash Blades like this.
  18. Kailash Blades

Nov 21, 2015
    Beautiful photos mate. So glad this thing is getting a serious workout with you.
    How's the performance grind holding up?

Paul Toady likes this.
  19. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    Very well!
    It hasn’t been sharpened yet.
    The micarta feels like dream and i am confident that this will cut ( quote Doug Marcaida).

20. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    I need one like fullmetals but with micarta.

JayGoliath and Kailash Blades like this.