Kailash Blades- Show off your knives!

I don't think this is the wrong place to ask a question like that at all. I have my thoughts and opinions but I think starting a new thread could be great because I'm sure a lot of others have input on it as well. It would also help others find this information through search functions more easily as I'm sure it's something that a lot of people want to know. Start up a new one and I'll hit you up with all the info i have.
Take care,
Andrew and the Team at Kailash.
Thanks Andrew. I appreciate it.

That Ek Chirra (single fuller) makes all the difference. The balance of this beauty is just perfect.

EkpYcKw.jpg

1g0oIhh.jpg
D DangerZone98 what blade length is this on the Ek Chirra?

I thought so too. I like that length.
Buffalo horn is very tough and durable which are positives for a hard working handle.
On the other hand though the shock absorption is a little worse than wood and it can be a bit slippery when wet. Roughing it up with sandpaper helps a lot in this regard. It can face issues with shrinking or warping worse than wood, however with regular oiling and care this issue is lessened greatly.
If you check out Joshua Carr's instagram you'll see his 15" horn panawal has held up just fine after a lot of hard use.
https://www.instagram.com/pathseeker84/

Buffalo horn is very tough and durable which are positives for a hard working handle.
On the other hand though the shock absorption is a little worse than wood and it can be a bit slippery when wet. Roughing it up with sandpaper helps a lot in this regard. It can face issues with shrinking or warping worse than wood, however with regular oiling and care this issue is lessened greatly.
If you check out Joshua Carr's instagram you'll see his 15" horn panawal has held up just fine after a lot of hard use.
https://www.instagram.com/pathseeker84/
Thank you for the info. I ordered mine with Rosewood and I think that was a good choice.

Thank you for the info. I ordered mine with Rosewood and I think that was a good choice.
Yeah it's very solid. If you feel like swapping to micarta in the next few weeks get in touh and we can organise a secondary invoice.
Take care,
Andrew

eatbrD7.jpg

Just got this 9.5" Historical Service Issue today. Thanks, Kailash Blades! I'm impressed.
That's looking great! Thanks so much for sharing it on reddit too, we really appreciate it the help.
Have you had much of a chance to use it yet?

That's looking great! Thanks so much for sharing it on reddit too, we really appreciate it the help.
Have you had much of a chance to use it yet?
I did! I did some yard work today with it. It's enjoyable to use and a very handy size. It was well worth the wait! thanks for a great knife

I did! I did some yard work today with it. It's enjoyable to use and a very handy size. It was well worth the wait! thanks for a great knife
You're absolutely welcome. If you take it on any adventures make sure to take a few photos and send them through to us so we can share them around :)

eatbrD7.jpg

Just got this 9.5" Historical Service Issue today. Thanks, Kailash Blades! I'm impressed.

Very nice. Is that the long, 5.5" handle? Also, did it come smoothed out (no ridges) or did you have to request that?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I now see it is stacked leather.

Last edited:
Very nice. Is that the long, 5.5" handle? Also, did it come smoothed out (no ridges) or did you have to request that?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I now see it is stacked leather.
Hey there mate! This is the 5.5" on this blade. All our stacked leather handles come without handle rings as standard.
Take care,
Andrew

Got my Panawal today. Very Happy with it. Will probably be immediately ordering another just like it for my Dad. These Pictures were sent to me by Binsu Thapa before it was shipped to me. I will take some more maybe tomorrow and post them but these are good ones. Very nice blade. We just survived a hurricane so I have plenty of chopping still to do. Will get some action shots too!!
ern6RSp.jpg

b8XbNhO.jpg

Q7wzYD6.jpg

Wow looking great! It's amazing what difference oiling a blade makes isn't it?
Sorry to hear about the hurricane but glad you're all doing okay over there and have the perfect knife for cleanup :)
Take care,
Andrew

Very well!
It hasn’t been sharpened yet.
The micarta feels like dream and i am confident that this will cut ( quote Doug Marcaida).
Hey JayGoliath ,
Know its a little late but just looking through older threads and that Ek Chirra looks its in the environment it should be , it just looks a solid functional knife . I like my traditional khukuris but if I was still young and fit enough to visit the places and environments I have in the past it is something like this I would take with me . Especially with the Micarta handle wrap , just whats needed in a junglr environment .

Back