Kailash Sirupate Khukuri

So I got a housecall from DLT.

lbf7hCPl.jpg

A gorgeous blade, 14" long with a nice fuller and with the performance grind Kailash offers. It came very sharp and is ready to put to work!

gzOM6qPl.jpg

Initially I found some hotspots on the grip near the base, but some wet/dry sandpaper made quick works on the micarta and it doesn't show at all after the work is done(due to the black micarta).

Sorry I don't have a pick of the(slight) mod and the lovely executed wrapped micarta as I wrapped the handle with two layers of vulc tape(rubbery tape that bonds to itself naturally and makes a great grip!!) because I found the grip to be a little on the skinny side. This also gives me the secure Fällkniven rubbery feeling on the grip.

It's VERY comfortable and sticks to my hand like glue, like an extension of my arm really.

This will not be an ornament but is intended to be a heavy user.

lJ6PXYWl.jpg

The sheath is genious, lovely kydex work from Kailash. Easy to pull out and put back.

Yz0Ask4l.jpg

This is just a quick view and first impressions, I can't wait to get this badboi into the woods and make some damage!!

Big thanx to Andrew and the Kailash Blades Kailash Blades Team!! :cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Very nice. Looks slimmer than my Nepal-forged kuhki. Look forward to hearing how it performs.

If I order my next kukri, I am keen to try one from Kailash. I will go a similar route with a micarta handle and kydex sheath.
Just having trouble deciding which model and grind :)

I have a HI Sirupate with 12" blade - 21oz / 600g so it's a decent beast... I think I might go lighter.

Just stumbled upon this while searching for a different review!
Thanks so much for putting this out there for the community.
Also it's great to see that it's lived up to your expectations as a worker 6 months on! Some pics in your other thread here

If I order my next kukri, I am keen to try one from Kailash. I will go a similar route with a micarta handle and kydex sheath.
Just having trouble deciding which model and grind :)

I have a HI Sirupate with 12" blade - 21oz / 600g so it's a decent beast... I think I might go lighter.

I hope we helped you out with these questions in your other thread- https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...h-kukri-some-questions.1795094/#post-20580697
If you need any guidance feel free to reach out :)
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

Back