CRKT Kangee T-Hawk in the mail . Will it break/chip in hard use ?

You opened your other thread, the one you want us to read through to figure out what you are asking, in the AT&K forum.

:confused:

This is far too complicated. Good luck.
:) Sorry if this is beyond your comprehension . I'll try to be simpler . :rolleyes:

I am also confused. You said you were going to do testing that was appropriate for a "tactical hawk." That's more forced entry kinda stuff, not ax tasks.

I guess "Will it chip?" depends on what you are doing with it.
:) I'd venture to guess that "forced entry" tasks would be much more demanding in most cases than what most wood chopping hatchets /axes would normally have to contend with .

This kind of tool really does need to be as tough as possible . I'm NOT expecting miracles from a ~$100 CRKT T-hawk , but it should have at least a moderately decent HT to be a valid product .

I'm personally not planning to perform a "destruct test" . Unless someone wants to fund the loss ! ;)

Umm, yeah. Your cricket isn’t going to be up for taking doors. You should get something like this.
iCrupTe.png

Or just turn around and donkey kick it. Maybe there will be a skull or two to cleave in twain on the other side, though. :)

Umm, yeah. Your cricket isn’t going to be up for taking doors. You should get something like this.
iCrupTe.png

Or just turn around and donkey kick it. Maybe there will be a skull or two to cleave in twain on the other side, though. :)
I've got a 42" Stanley Wrecking Bar . Usually carry in my SUV . Cost me ~$23 . It will just have to do ! :p

Chopping is a entirely valid part of their purpose . So is prying . Use as an entry/ rescue tool .

Tactical hawks, in the modern usage, are combat / survival multitools .

They should be able to perform well for a variety of support functions ,just as the original meaning of "combat" or "tactical" support equipment always was .

"Combat or tactical" clothing , boots , ambulance etc etc etc . Does NOT necessarily imply primary use as a weapon ! It only means that it is sturdy and durable for use in the battlefield environment .

Even most combat / tactical knives are (and always were) mostly used for utility and only rarely ever pressed into last ditch desperate use as a weapon .

That's all true if you believe marketing terms like "survival," "tactical," "bushcraft," etc mean more than design. Tnat is one way to understand knives, certainly.

Enjoy your knife.

Welp , I do believe I've done "got lucky" and been blessed with a cherry instead of a lemon ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Received my first ever T-hawk yesterday and started right in with it . Continued thru today . Chopped at some seasoned hardwoods and did some throwing . Also used the pommel to do some prying .

I'm really quite impressed with this hawk ! So far the HT seems fine , but I haven't pushed it by doing anything crazy... yet . :p

Fit and finish is fine . Just one screw on the handle looks rough , but completely functional .

The design is fantastic , lot of thought went into this hawk . Feels good in hand . Balance is perfect and handle is very ergonomic .

The sheath is well designed and works , but is not very heavy duty . The shoulder strap , which I didn't use, is very thin nylon .

https://www.crkt.com/kangee-t-hawk.html

This one doesn't seem to hold up from what I've read. I really like the shape and size and have always wanted and RMJ. I'm wondering, is there a middle ground? Should I just save up the $500 for the RMJ?

This one doesn't seem to hold up from what I've read. I really like the shape and size and have always wanted and RMJ. I'm wondering, is there a middle ground? Should I just save up the $500 for the RMJ?
I bought mine from Walmart . 3 month return window . No huge risk involved .

You are bound to get a better quality hawk and more selection from RMJ , but you'll pay 4 to 5 X . Depends on what you want or need . All up to you !

For me , this hawk is really just a guy toy to play with . Unlikely my life will depend on it . The CRKT version is more than adequate for me .

Link removed, read the site rules instead of trying to be funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get this Quoted link removed , test it, and tell us what you think of it. :D

Are Gearbest an approved vendor now? I'm trying to stay away from steel that was a frying pan or chain link fence in a previous life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back