Kapara

Bummer, that’s frustrating.
While my Kapara is fantastic, i’m dealing with an over-sprung knife from a different manufacturer right know. It’s particularly upsetting in a situation whre you’re otherwise madly in love with the knife.
I can relate. And when a knife doesn’t meet your expectations, it’s good to have gotten it from a dealer with a good return policy.

Bent it out a bit and loosened the pivot.
Its better and I can actually actuate the compression lock now. But it's useless as a compression lock. I mean I hate it so much I dont want to use it and I like the knife otherwise. The action still sucks despite the slight modification, may break in with time. May not.

This compression lock everything has got to stop.

This knife would be perfect as a liner lock. With the compression lock it's basically junk. I love the blade.

Videos only say so much, but I think mine is a bit smoother than yours. Maybe you caught a rough one from the factory? I will say that there are points in the action (on mine) where it’s a bit gritty. I’m thinking some nano-oil will help. I also think the liner lock would have been fantastic on this one.

Also, nice account. Gave you a follow.

Reactions: Mo2
Yea even tho the action isn't great and the lockbar too tight to actuate... having to reposition you hand to close it is far from idea. And it's also so thin on two dimensions that that is so annoying to close.

Its also not as flick able as say a pm2 and the ring is fairly sharp. I had to cut my nails again even though I just cut them. I'm gonna have to round the hole with a sharpening stone.

@Sal Glesser anyway we can get this in a liner lock or back lock instead in the future. Despite the glaring reviews from youtube I really find this a major concern, at least to me.

Its a great knife when it's deployed.

Having 'grown-up' on back-locks (Endura and Goddard) and mainly carrying a Military for years... I have never understood the 'Spyderco-flick'

Back