Katana Feng Lin

Thinking of ordering this one from a German company online.

As it is now no US companies are not allowed to ship swords airborn.

I have NO IDEA how to jugde a good buy regarding katanas.. So I need some help judging this purchase.

Does this one look "good"?

Edit: Removed link as it no longer has content due to my purchase.

9EGW39ml.jpg

Last edited:
I have not heard that U.S. Companies can not ship via air. Can you point us to something that explains that?

I jumped at the "German" katana in post #1, looks legit to me, here are the specs:

"Feng Lin samurai swords are of the highest quality and are traditionally made. All blades are forged and processed by hand. In order to guarantee maximum stability, all swords have a long hinge, which are fixed in the handle with 2 bamboo pins (Mekugi). All swords can be fully dismantled. No plastic is used, only high-quality, noble materials are used. All blade clamps (Habaki) and washers (Seppa) are made of brass. The handles and sheaths are made of wood. The traditional handle wraps are always underlaid with real ray skin. All ornamental rates (Tsuba, Fuchi, Menuki, Kashira) are made of precious metals. Every original Feng Lin sword comes with a certificate. Every sword also has a noble silk cover made of gold. All Feng Lin swords are delivered in a noble collector's box."

"Hand-forged FENG LIN Practical Katana made of 1095 carbon steel Blade length up to Tsuba 74 cm total length with scabbard: 108 cm total length without scabbard: 106 cm handle length: 31.5 cm weight with scabbard: 1250g weight without scabbard: 1000g An inexpensive katana with a high quality blade. The new entry-level katana from Feng Lin on the market! - Blade with fillet (Bo - Hi), hand-forged from 1095 carbon steel. - Traditionally hardened with a layer of clay, real Hamon line, 60 HRC on the cutting edge, 40 HRC on the back, - Suitable for cutting tests - Blade clamp (Habaki) made of brass, tsuba made of cast iron, - Handle wrapping made of black cotton lined with real, ray skin, - Blade with 2 Wooden dowels (Mekugi) fixed in the handle, - Delivery in collector's box - Made according to museum templates. Each sword is delivered with a certificate that guarantees authenticity. Each sword is delivered in a fabric cover and a high-quality collector's wooden box. The sword is sharpened and suitable for cutting tests (Tameshigiri)! Delivery including: high-gloss lacquer sheath, sword case, collector's wooden box, certificate of authenticity. Free special offer: You get 1 table stand for free with this sword."

If anyone here on the sword forum has some input to my purchase please come forward. The dealer is suposed to be a serious one, but I've never heard of "Feng Lin" before and can not find any info on this maker outside of this dealer..

Makes me a bit anxious..

Last edited:
Back