Katana recommendations pls

I'm looking to buy a cheap Katana. Under 200€, that can take a beating. Don't care about hamon, bohi or furniture. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I was thinking of getting a "custom" sword from swords of northshire but heard I could do better.

It's been quite some time since I last bought any swords, so it's possible my information is out of date. At one time the Practical Katana series by Paul Chen of Hanwei Forge were regarded as a great entry level series of katanas forged in an authentic manner.

Cheness Cuterly is supposed to be very good and produces a large variety of katana style swords, but production has been hampered by covid.

It's been quite some time since I last bought any swords, so it's possible my information is out of date. At one time the Practical Katana series by Paul Chen of Hanwei Forge were regarded as a great entry level series of katanas forged in an authentic manner.

Cheness Cuterly is supposed to be very good and produces a large variety of katana style swords, but production has been hampered by covid.
Thanks for answering.
Cheness looks really good but as someone who lives in Europe it's not possible, I hope they bounce back soon.

Thanks for answering.
Cheness looks really good but as someone who lives in Europe it's not possible, I hope they bounce back soon.

Why isn't it possible to get a Cheness in Europe?

I happen to know a dealer in the UK that stocks very good quality katana that have differential hardened blades with genuine hamon, with good heat treated steel for under 200. Made specifically for tamishigiri and are very well built. sadly as they are not paid sponsors of bladeforums it's against the rules for me to give you a link to his website.
If you search for functional katanas in the UK results you should come across them pretty fast, but you could come across a different site and end up buying an inferior product so sorry I can't really help.
I have used the katana he sells and do regular cutting with them and they are very good quality for the sub 200 price.

Back