Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

I'm a bit of a stockman fan myself and I have a few, including the cattle knife in my avatar, from Ken...(as well as a handful of other excellent makers).

I asked and had Ken build me the first of his yellow shadow pattern stock knives, and requested that he build it with a clip, sheepsfoot and modified pen (zulu) blade. In fact, all of my stock and cattle style knives from Ken share that blade grouping as it was something we planned together and it became sort of a signature theme for our projects.

Enjoy and use it in good health. You've made a fine choice.

ETA: I also have a very nice Reese Bose sowbelly stockman...and many knives from Jerry Halfrich, who, like Ken, is a close friend. In fact, I had the pleasure of introducing them to one another. You have excellent taste.

Appreciate the comments! Jerry lives just about 45 minutes south of me and we've been trying to meet over some BBQ but have been mixing up schedules for a couple months or so. I would love to meet Reese and Ken one of these days, but until then... I'll just sit back and enjoy their amazing work!

If you ever decide to move that RB sowbelly or any of your Ericksons... I've been searching for a good sowbelly stockman for about 6 months now. I finally decided to pull the trigger on a Burgundy Micart RB and it had sold. It all works out though... I may not have had the extra cash around to snag the beautiful Erickson had that gone through! Here's a better picture of the 2 stock knives pictured before.

Osl6c6Y.jpg

Appreciate the comments! Jerry lives just about 45 minutes south of me and we've been trying to meet over some BBQ but have been mixing up schedules for a couple months or so. I would love to meet Reese and Ken one of these days, but until then... I'll just sit back and enjoy their amazing work!

If you ever decide to move that RB sowbelly or any of your Ericksons... I've been searching for a good sowbelly stockman for about 6 months now. I finally decided to pull the trigger on a Burgundy Micart RB and it had sold. It all works out though... I may not have had the extra cash around to snag the beautiful Erickson had that gone through! Here's a better picture of the 2 stock knives pictured before.

Osl6c6Y.jpg

Those are just SO nice! Nothing better than a good stockman or cattle knife.

Just arrived in the mail - I'm campin' happy!!

Erickson Eureka 1.jpg Erickson Eureka 2.jpg Erickson Eureka 3.jpg Erickson Eureka 4.jpg

P.S.The scratches are on the scanner's glass. The knife is unused.

Attachments

• Erickson Eureka 2.jpg
    Erickson Eureka 2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Erickson Eureka 3.jpg
    Erickson Eureka 3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Erickson Eureka 4.jpg
    Erickson Eureka 4.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
If you ever decide to move that RB sowbelly or any of your Ericksons... I've been searching for a good sowbelly stockman for about 6 months now.

I sent you a PM as sales and trades should be discussed privately or in the "exchange" area.

Yes, I have one coming soon.
You are a lucky man LastRodeo! I can't wait to get on Ken's radar again!
The Eureka was made for Mike Losicco when he was having GEC do the JBF Champlin tribute Eurekas - I just got it from Mike.

Glad you like the knife, WFC, Will and Gev!!

Believe it or not, those beads are often referred to as Skunk Beads!

Back