Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

3 5/8" Swayback Jack Shadow
large.jpg

Excellent, Brad! While some of the others in Ken's video were more immediately impressive visually (the Stabber Jack, the lil' Bartender number), your knife is one that stuck out to me for different reasons-- most especially including its elegant accessibility. When Ken first opened it and revealed its lines from stem to stern, I thought, "Oooh. Nice knife." Congratulations. :)

Thanks for the pictures. :thumbup:

Enjoy!

~ P.

Well, my congress whittler by Ken took the long way home. We sent the knife off to Coop for a glamour shot after it was finished and it arrived to me yesterday. Any pictures of this knife do not do it justice. It is a beautiful knife, excellently crafted by Ken. He was able to translate my vision of this knife into a real work of art. A knife of this kind might have been more common place 100 years ago! I took a couple of pics just to show it, but, like I said, they don't do this knife justice. Thanks again Ken.
a09c4f53-6119-46f3-a0e0-1f3e4bf8f983.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
258500ea-5ad5-4bd0-ad2b-811515bc9a55.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well, my congress whittler by Ken took the long way home. We sent the knife off to Coop for a glamour shot after it was finished and it arrived to me yesterday. Any pictures of this knife do not do it justice. It is a beautiful knife, excellently crafted by Ken. He was able to translate my vision of this knife into a real work of art. A knife of this kind might have been more common place 100 years ago! I took a couple of pics just to show it, but, like I said, they don't do this knife justice. Thanks again Ken.

I really have no words... Superlative? Incredible?
Congrats to you and Ken, Tony.
Do you mind posting some specs?

Gray- the knife is D2 cpm steel. It is 3 5/8 inches with a pen and manicure blade and a main sheepsfoot blade. The handle material is antique tortoise shell.

Well, my congress whittler by Ken took the long way home. We sent the knife off to Coop for a glamour shot after it was finished and it arrived to me yesterday. Any pictures of this knife do not do it justice. It is a beautiful knife, excellently crafted by Ken. He was able to translate my vision of this knife into a real work of art. A knife of this kind might have been more common place 100 years ago!

258500ea-5ad5-4bd0-ad2b-811515bc9a55.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bravo!

^^ That's got to be one of the nicest looking penknives I've ever seen, absolutely gorgeous..congratulations.

Mick

Home run! That is so nice, Ken is so good.

Congrats, Tony! If you pocket it, that steel is a favorite for me.

- Joe

Like the proverbial tortoise, that was well worth waiting for! :thumbup:

Wonderful work, Ken - congrats to you and Tony!
And super nice photography, of course. Viewing the pic at 100% is spectacular and gives you an idea of how much attention to detail was put into it...

I have been out of the shop and have had my time on BF limited since May due to personal issues that have been resolved. Glad to be back at it! :)
Here is a WIP picture.

A slimline trapper 3 7/8 in CPM D2.

Thanks for taking the time to view!

Back