Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

Ken, I was thinking about you yesterday and wanted to give you a call. I'm glad to see things have worked out and you are back. I need someone to build some mind boggling knives and inspire me more.

I'm happy you are back and can't wait to see more of your work!
I even dropped one of your knives in my pocket today to celebrate ;)

Thanks again guys and gals!

Had a chance to cut the pulls, stamp my mark and steel id, hardened and into the ovens for a couple of tempering cycles.

Ah, the good old days are back!!
Again, we can watch a masterpiece emerge from Ken's gifted hands, and camera!!

Thanks, Maestro!!

Was able to get back into the shop after a long weekend :).

Everything is fit up now, walk and talk established, liners relieved. Blades ground, still needing swedges and finishing of course. Next step will be to mill the frame/bolsters.

I love that slightly clipped spey blade, Ken.

Good eye James! Patterned after the Challenge Cut. CO. early trapper. Both I and my customer thought it would work well in a slimline.

Things are starting to look knife like! The covers are cut, shaped and in the vacuum jar.

Hey Ken, looking good! Been meaning to try a little vacuum myself, seems like it would sure beat simmering for a full day! :thumbup:

Eric

Hi Ken

It is really good to see you posting again mate. We need to talk soon about a knife for Blade '14.

All the best:)

Steven

Had a chance to pretty much finish up the Slimline trapper,

3 7/8 closed
CPM D2
My dyed and jigged bone covers.
Half-stops
410 integral bolsters/frame
Pinned shield

Ken, you captured the essence of old with this knife!! You nailed it with your dyed and jigged bone!

That came out really nice, Ken. I especially like the look of the covers...jigging as well as coloration. Very nice.

Back