Kentucky or Indiana knife laws?

After hours of searching, and an uninformative call to the Kentucky State Police, just looking for some information about knife laws. I usually carry 2 knives, a Benchmade Mini-Rukus, in a sheath, and either a Benchmade 707 Sequel or a Griptilian. The sequel I keep in my pocket, or the Griptilian is clipped to my back pocket.

Just curious as to the "gravity knives" restrictions, and these being able to be flicked open.

Here is what a Google search revealed for Indiana:
IC 35-47-5-2
Knife with blade that opens automatically or may be propelled
35-47-5-2 Sec. 2. It is a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a blade that:
(1) opens automatically; or
(2) may be propelled;
by hand pressure applied to a button, device containing gas, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife.
As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.70-2000, SEC.2.

As for Kentucky:
500.080 Definitions for Kentucky Penal Code.
As used in the Kentucky Penal Code, unless the context otherwise requires:

(4) "Deadly weapon" means any of the following:
(a) A weapon of mass destruction;
(b) Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other
serious physical injury, may be discharged;
(c) Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife;

Here is what a Google search revealed for Indiana:
IC 35-47-5-2
Knife with blade that opens automatically or may be propelled
35-47-5-2 Sec. 2. It is a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a blade that:
(1) opens automatically; or
(2) may be propelled;
by hand pressure applied to a button, device containing gas, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife.
As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.70-2000, SEC.2.

As for Kentucky:
500.080 Definitions for Kentucky Penal Code.
As used in the Kentucky Penal Code, unless the context otherwise requires:

(4) "Deadly weapon" means any of the following:
(a) A weapon of mass destruction;
(b) Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other
serious physical injury, may be discharged;
(c) Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife;

Thanks for those finds! I tried for so long, and couldn't find anything. The real problem is that "Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife" is so vague. It's like a scam by the state, almost, where they can make up the rules as they go along.

I have to take several medications for a neuromuscular disorder. Each meds comes in rather large bottles so I keep a few of each med in an aluminum pill container. I know you are supposed to keep meds in the original bottle with the label on it. I asked a vice/narcotics officer if I would get arrested for carrying meds in a container other than the proper one. He said, “It depends on what part of town you are in.” I think the same goes for knife carry. It depends on where you are, what you are doing, and how the officer feels toward you. Common sense rules…

From my understanding (atleast in eastern kentucky) as long as the knife isn't concealed you can carry what ever you want. I found this out (almost the hard way) after a road block one night when they were looking for some one(?). The officer asked if I had any weapons in the car, I said no, but there are some knives in the trunk. Among them were a 12' machete a few cheap boker magnums, two microtech otf's and some large folders. The officer wanted to have a look and I found out he was a knife nut. He then informed me that any of the folders were ok to carry in my pocket, and the autos were ok as long as they were in plain sight (in a sheath on my belt or something).

However, your results may vary depending on the officer.

Back