Kephart arrived!

My bk62 arrived today, shipping was fast!

Ive seen plenty of pictures but never noticed how dark it was. I have the bk24(d’eskabar) and the bk98(tuko), both have the stonewash finish. They are also d2 and s35vn, respectively. While the bk62 is good ol 1095 cro van. My assumption is the high carbon steel is a contributing factor to the darkness.

FMh5A9b.jpg

jMr5FJP.jpg

This knife really makes me want to get outside and cut something.

NLEsAGY.jpg

Recently i had been thinking how ethan was really good at having his sheaths ambidextrous and a lot of other companies are not as thoughtful. I didnt think, for whatever reason, about this sheath not being left hand friendly. Shame because its a nice leather sheath made in USA.

Come mid summer i may be in the market for a left handed sheath for it. What aftermarket sheaths have yall been using, if any?

mostly I carry in a back pocket or front cargo pocket.
nice grain on the handles!

Thanks for the suggestion. I doubt ill use the belt loop often or at all anyways. Chances are ill be doing the same for awhile and if it comes to be that i decide its worth it, ill get a new sheath.

ill have to get some pictures of the other side of the knife. I think the grain on that side is pretty striking too.

Thanks guys!

Based on other peoples pictures, i hadnt thought they were so dark. Perhaps a uniform patina developed from storage at the distributors. Ill give it a good cleaning and oil it at some point. Either way, it sure gives me a craving to carve.

BK-62 fits perfectly in the nylon tweener sheaths.

I think you got a good one. From a use standpoint, it is hard to beat for general woods use. I like mine a lot. It and the BK-15 are my favorite Beckers. But I have a couple handmade Kepharts, so there is competition as to what gets used.

Mass1632 Mass1632 tried to send you a message but couldn't. I have a LH sheath I would be willing to sell. Thanks

Its probably because im on the free account. With the bk62 being spearpoint, the knife fits fine in the sheath left handed, it just looks a little goofy at the bottom. Maybe down the road id be interested but for now this works.

BK-62 fits perfectly in the nylon tweener sheaths.

Thats smart thinking, too bad ive only got two teeeners and neither have the nylon sheath. But hey thanks!

I think you got a good one. From a use standpoint, it is hard to beat for general woods use. I like mine a lot. It and the BK-15 are my favorite Beckers. But I have a couple handmade Kepharts, so there is competition as to what gets used.

Thats a downside to having so many knives, they tend to compete which makes some get neglected at no fault of their own. Ive been craving the 15 and 17 but now that ive got the 18, somehow that desire has been sated. At least a couple weeks

Back