Photos Kepharts...They just Work

Mike I can't thank you enough. I managed a photo of your masterpiece. More to come.
Heirloom quality for sure. You my friend are a Master Craftsman. Not many hold a candle to you.

I need to figure out why my pics come out looking like crap. They look good in my phone? Maybe that's it...phone.
@Mike McCarter is who made these two knives in case you haven't caught on and he can make one for you too. Just hit him up in a private PM or Mike is there any other way folks can reach out to you?

view

I like it a lot. It’s not quite as good in the kitchen as I thought it would be. But I’ve cut peppers and onions successfully. It feels good in my hand and it could easily be my only sheath knife. It is very easy to carry. The sheath is excellent. Easy in and out with good retention. One thing for certain it is a great apple and peanut butter knife.

Haven’t done enough field work with it to really give a good review of those aspects.

If you enjoy simple pleasures in life. I think you will like the Bk62.

Last edited:
I need to figure out why my pics come out looking like crap. They look good in my phone? Maybe that's it...phone.
@Mike McCarter is who made these two knives in case you haven't caught on and he can make one for you too. Just hit him up in a private PM or Mike is there any other way folks can reach out to you?

I think it looks good.

View attachment 1115465 I like it a lot. It’s not quite as good in the kitchen as I thought it would be. But I’ve cut peppers and onions successfully. It feels good in my hand and it could easily be my only sheath knife. It is very easy to carry. The sheath is excellent. Easy in and out with good retention. One thing for certain it is a great apple and peanut butter knife.

Haven’t done enough field work with it to really give a good review of those aspects.

If you enjoy simple pleasures in life. I think you will like the Bk62.
Thanks eveled. Please keep us in mind whenever you get her outside and put her through her paces.
BTW - I'm all about simple pleasures. :):thumbsup::)

The Kephart’s historical value is what I like most. Mike’s true to the original blade profile and cross section is what sold me. I bought another one from a different maker last spring that is probably similar to the BK62 in that it has a a full flat grind. That makes it a decent kitchen tool if a bit cumbersome. The double convex grind is what got my attention. I’m looking forward to using it as a bushcraft knife for firewood prep. And maybe a skinner. It’s also stout enough to use as a pry bar.

Good stuff.

Looking good, UT.
Thanks MC. I want to use her. I want to see a rich, well deserved patina, but it's got that, 'new car smell.'
I remember working construction back in the 70's. The owner of the bricklayers company bought and delivered a new Dodge Ram pickup to be used on site. Everybody was standing around uoooong and swing and worrying about who was going put the first scratch on her. The owner grabbed a trowel out of one of their hands and put a big ol scratch down the side of the bed. He turned around to see every bodies shocked faces and said, now, use her.
I'm just glad I don't own a trowel. ;):thumbsup:

My apologies if I missed it in this monster thread ...

How does the
Bark River Mini Kephart fit into this group of knives? Is CPM 3V a good choice? Is the blade too short for normal Kephart uses? How does it complement something like a BK-62?

TIA,
Sid

^ S Sid Post ,

I posted some photos & comments on the Bark River full size & mini back on Page 18 of this thread (see post# 350.)

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/kepharts-they-just-work.1627840/page-18

The 3v mini is a very capable knife that gives up nothing in performance to its bigger brother. They compliment each other very well. I am sure that the BR mini would pair equally well with the BK-62.

Good luck with your decision.

Phil

Uncle T; Yes, definitely do a group photo once you get the the JK or several after you get the BK-62. Is your middle name Horace?;) I'm loving the Kepharts. My next will likely be the small Condor when it becomes available and I have the funds.

So, the Bark River Mini Kephart has a lot of appeal to me (Sid Post).

How many will that make? Maybe you should get a Dogwood too. Unless I missed it. I hope you post a comparison photo of all of them together.
Only 4 after I get the JK and the BK62. I sold the ML Kephart. Contrary to what everybody may think, I am not a collector and while the ML was beautiful with its rich patina, I couldn't see myself using her. Of course, that's where I am with my latest from Mike, who BTW goes by Sarge.

Uncle T; Yes, definitely do a group photo once you get the the JK or several after you get the BK-62. Is your middle name Horace?;) I'm loving the Kepharts. My next will likely be the small Condor when it becomes available and I have the funds.

So, the Bark River Mini Kephart has a lot of appeal to me (Sid Post).
I think I could round the family up long enough to get a pic.
That Condor does look nice and would definitely make a nice one to leave in my small survival kit in my SUV. I don't think I'd cry as much if it ever came up missing like I would with my latest from Sarge.

Back