Kershaw 420HC vs Buck 420HC

I currently own a Buck knife with 420HC and would like to try one of the Kershaw Scallion knives.
My Buck didn't want to stay sharp at first but after some time on a diamond stone and a few month of using it.
It now holds a pretty decent edge if you use it like a knife and don't abuse it. You can get it shaving sharp but it doesn't stay that way long. But it does keep a sharp usable edge for a good long time. I've had this buck for almost 3 years now
and love it. But I really do like the way the Scallion looks but not sure if they do 420HC like buck does?
Will it hold up to corrosion like sweat? As I fish, hunt and mow lawns all year long.

Also is the blade hard to sharpen due to the shape of the scallion?
It looks like the curves could be a bit trick to sharpen.

Go buy a blem from Kershawguy and test it out for yourself.

I could do that, but then I wouldn't get the opinions from other people that may know the answer to my question.
Plus my money tree has shed all it's money and I'd have less money if I bought something that didn't work like I had hoped.

So, If you have had experience with these 2 steels please feel free express your opinion on them.
But buying one and trying it for myself makes this whole post worthless.

I'm not here to debate which is brand is better. A simple "one is just as good as the other" will work for me.
I like to make informed purchases....

Bout the same from my uses. I couldnt see or tell a difference. Used a camo scallion for 2yrs for main edc owned for quite a few years, buck I've had forever. If you like it go for it. You might want to try the dlc for extra guard against rust or anything.

Back