Kershaw and ZT 2020 lineup

:D

My only point was serval higher end Kershaws before then and while ZT was still military style. Never high end like CRK but lots of USA made stuff that was as nice as a Spyderco. Lots of cool steels etc.

There are a lot of inexpensive Kershaws in 8Cr13Mov (or worse) that I'd love to see in better steels. It doesn't have to be a super steel like S35VN or M390. I'd be happy with seeing a few models promoted to VG-10, N690, or even 14C28N at a reasonable price. The Fraxion, Atmos, and Clash come to mind.

Only 2 that caught my eye were the composite bladed Dividend and the Butterfly knife. I like my M390 Dividend and the composite blade version just looks neat. The Butterfly knife I hope is of a good quality as the price looks affordable.

Oh, you have a "science background"

isnt there someone here who is a rocket scientist? :) my memory is going bad as I'm getting older.

that aside I'm not too excited but there are a few that peek my interest.

I've been a Kershaw fan since the 1990s. Have they ever not been a "budget knife company"? I've always seen Kershaw as the "budget knife" side of KAI, with ZT representing their premium side. That said, Kershaw itself runs the gamut from super-cheap Walmart knives in junk steels like 3Cr13 all the way up to premium versions of the Leek, Dividend, etc.

ZT was started in 2006. Kershaw is not a “budget knife company” and as a fan since the 90s as you’ve mentioned, you should remember models like the Random Task, Volt, Tilt, Speedform, Ti Bump, and most recently Ruby. Whilst Zero Tolerance is KAIs higher end line, Kershaw has always been the name synonymous with quality items.

Yes, they do produce what many would call “budget knives” but they also produce knives like the Link in steels like m390 and their ever popular Launch line. They offer knives for various price ranges as well as other items like the Kickflip for skateboarding or the Ration for your on the go eating needs.

No new Hinderer design. Sinkevich is pretty so so. ZT has mostly nothing. Disappointing.

Spyderco has nothing particularly interesting either. Looks like a really quiet year for me.

I like the Payout and the Tumbler because of the D2 blades.

Most of the others use too low-end blade steel though.

Back