Kershaw Bareknuckle Damascus

Does anyone have this knife. I received mine a few days ago and The Damascus looks pretty fake. The blade was coated with a plastic-feeling coating. That looked like it had a Damascus patter. Printed on it. I removed that (mostly) with flitz. What remained looks like a faint Damascus Pattern but there are no tell-tale nicks or grooves on edges or corners or holes.

Where did you buy yours? I do believe that Kershaw uses a less expensive american made stainless Damascus that doesn't have the same wow as what you see on more expensive knives.

Yes, AFAIK they still use non-stainless Alabama Damascus for their knives.

You will probably have to reetch the blade to bring the Damascus pattern fully out if you stripped the blade.
And I don't think the blade is going to have ridges and holes... It should probably be smooth aside from having a pretty pattern on it.

Does anyone have this knife. I received mine a few days ago and The Damascus looks pretty fake. The blade was coated with a plastic-feeling coating. That looked like it had a Damascus patter. Printed on it. I removed that (mostly) with flitz. What remained looks like a faint Damascus Pattern but there are no tell-tale nicks or grooves on edges or corners or holes.

What you thought was a plastic feeling coating is/was actually the acid etching that bring the pattern out. So, basically you removed the acid etching and now see the different layers of steel faintly.
That leads me to question how in the wide wide world of sports did you determine it to look fake ? Do you have other Damascus knives to compare it to ?
There's some pretty good video's of people making Damascus, the initial look and the look after it has been acid etched. Maybe you should go check them out.

Back