Kershaw/Emerson models in stock

Just got my 6K and this thing is insanely badass, especially for $35. It's 8Cr steel but I don't even care, it feels like an absolute tank. The pivot screw needed adjusting and it was bleeding oil like crazy but now the blade centering and deployment are perfect. Handle ergos are perfect, Emerson skulls are awesome, and the combo of satin/stonewash finish on the blade tops it all off. 10/10

eq9iXIr.jpg

CIiU8Ne.jpg

6h59HjN.jpg

FxnEh1H.jpg

BIsr9OR.jpg

iGQQAep.jpg

I just received my 5 and I am really pleased. I prefer small to mid-sized knives (blades up to about 3") and this is perfect. I was surprised by how sturdy and stout it feels.

cqc5.jpg

A crappy cell phone pic of the 6 next to a CQC 7A:

No play in mine, good centering, just a bit gritty when opening. Nice and sharp too, for a factory edge. Looking forward to seeing how it breaks in.

Fast shipping from kershawguy too!

I just received my 5 and I am really pleased. I prefer small to mid-sized knives (blades up to about 3") and this is perfect. I was surprised by how sturdy and stout it feels.

Can I trouble you for a shot of the liner lock? is it thick?

Got my 4 and I'm blown away. Everything is damn near perfect.

cqc5.jpg

NICE! This is the one I'm most interested in. Great picture by the way.

Just ordered my 6K. Was thinking about the 8K too, but 2 things deterred me
1st- I am not a fan of Chisel grinds. It's the main reason I don't already own a "real" Emerson.
2nd- While I was looking at the blade of the 8K I noticed it looked an awful lot like the side view of a boat.
Maybe it's just me, but I just can't get over it.
Anyway, I shall impatiently sit and stare at my tracking updates until my second-to-last allowed knife purchase for the year arrives. Then the wait is on for my custom.

Damn all you guys are killing me! I'm gonna have to place an order soon. I am really digging how these models look.

Got 5K and 6K, and boy these are good -- total feel of an Emerson, and absolutely a fantastic introduction to those who are new to the wave, or the ergonomics. The fit and finish on the 5K (green G10) is much better than 6K, mostly due to the frame lock side which is roughly finished on the 6K. The box is a keeper as well. Both blades had lots of oil, and grit in the pivot area (not to mention they instantly started attracting fibers and dust particles). The clip is tiny as compared to the ones on Emerson, but retain the same basic shape. Clip retention is good, and solid (actually these are much better than the other Kershaw and ZT clips, IMO).

Some eye-candy now...

P1020098.JPG

P1020099.JPG

P1020100.JPG

P1020101.JPG

P1020104.JPG

P1020105.JPG

P1020106.JPG

P1020107.JPG

P1020108.JPG

P1020112.JPG

P1020113.JPG

Machining marks on the 6K
P1020114.JPG

P1020115.JPG

As compared, 5K is flawless...
P1020116.JPG

BM 707 for size reference
P1020109.JPG

P1020111.JPG

P1020110.JPG

Great pictures! I have a few questions... are they using real G10? How's the lockup? Any blade play?

I'm usually never happy with 'cheap' knives but something about that 5k is very tempting

Got my 6k yesterday. What a great piece for the price. Going to grab of each eventually.

Great pictures! I have a few questions... are they using real G10? How's the lockup? Any blade play?

I'm usually never happy with 'cheap' knives but something about that 5k is very tempting

Yeah, real G10 as far as I could tell. Lockup is solid, no blade play, and deployment is smooth.

Nice pics Choombak. That 6k is rough!

Are they all like that? Can others confirm?

Edit: Thanks guys :thumbup: Looks like the curse of EKC F&F has hit KAI in some areas.

Last edited:
Okay, that does it. After seeing these pics, I am getting one of those green 5K's to play with.. :)

Nice pics Choombak. That 6k is rough!

Are they all like that? Can others confirm?
My 7k has some machining marks, but not quite as bad as that. I honestly hadn't noticed it until it was brought up. My 5k is virtually flawless in every regard though.

Back