Kershaw/Emerson models in stock

Awesome. BladeHQ has not notified me because they are busy filling orders of people who preordered before me. I preordered back in January, still no response. So, not only does BladeHQ have slow order fulfillment, but they don't have enough to get people their knives in a timely fashion. Also, I can't get my preorder fee back, so I'm stuck waiting for my name to come up on their list (whenever that will be, the CS rep had no idea "Well, it should be...soon, I think." Wow, awesome info! :rolleyes: ) so my knives can ship. Well, that's fine. Not only can I find better prices elsewhere, but I can also find better customer service, and more timely product delivery elsewhere. Won't be doing business with BladeHQ again. :thumbup:

2 words, brother. KERSHAW GUY.

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Hope you get your hands on some new steel soon. You know I've still got something for ya ;)

Still enjoying the 4K.
Standoff mod. Simply snap them out of the backspacer. Im a fan of a "flow through" design.
ggggg_zps8a3f50b7.jpg

343_zps0048df63.jpg

BM clips fit (Temporary, but still my favorite clip design)
Scotchbrite belt finish lock side and liner. Fun knife to toy with.

If someone has one and can mic the size of the washers, id appreciate it. Id like to throw in some Phos Bronze, just for kicks.

I figured that I would update this thread, because I did post my disgruntled view of the situation with my preorder here and I hate it when people complain and never follow up or update on their situation. Yesterday, a rep from BladeHQ saw my response here, and PMed me with a request that I speak with Anna, who would square me away. So, this morning, I was going to give her a call. Before I had a chance to do so, I received an email from Anna at BHQ that my name had come up. So, I got with her and have my knives paid for and on the way. I feel better about the situation, and I feel that BHQ took my irritation as a customer seriously, and responded to the best of their ability. One of the reasons I was irritated was seeing knives I'd preordered now listed as out of stock. So, I'm glad that my knives were put aside, and are now on their way.

In short: BHQ has taken care of me and made this right, and I retract my statements yesterday in which I stated I'd not do business with them again.

I'll just have to adjust my expectations for preorder timeframes, and not be so impatient. Ah well, there are worse things to worry about, right?

Glad you were taken care of, buddy. Does that mean you'll have them in time for your bday?

Glad you were taken care of, buddy. Does that mean you'll have them in time for your bday?

Big John, it looks like they will be!!!

Kershaw guy is still the way to go in the future :)

I will say that for Kershaw/ZT purchases in the future, that yes, I will be going with KershawGuy, just because I think his relationship with KAI allows him to put steel in peoples' hands more quickly. However, I will absolutely give BHQ business if they have something I need.

Here's a video I did of the standoff mod... Was pretty easy...

[video=youtube_share;kHFhFjOvsg8]http://youtu.be/kHFhFjOvsg8[/video]

Got these two in today. I really like the 2-tone finish on the CQC-6K blade, and the green on the CQC-5K looks better than I was expecting (is a bit deeper colored and brighter than the usual olive drab green). The CQC-5K also has a slight recurve, which I had missed from the pictures. F&F is great on both. I also noticed they used Nylatron washers on these, presumably to be like the rest of the Emersons. The action is good and smooth, but not flickable (which I also noticed on my CQC-7). It looks like Kershaw is going to add to their string of phenomenal collaborations with the addition of these CQC knives.

CQC-5K-6K_800x426.jpg

Knifecenter near me has the 8k in stock so I could pick one up Friday. Anyone got a hold of one yet? How is it.

Knifecenter near me has the 8k in stock so I could pick one up Friday. Anyone got a hold of one yet? How is it.

I'll be able to let you know early next week for what it's worth. I have one on the way (along with a 6K).

My 6k just showed up a day earlier than expected and without the qc issues some are reporting. Thanks Dave! (Kerhawguy)

Mine came extremely dull but sharpened up quickly (it has a chisel grind and edge, which is a bit unusual if you're not used to it but it's quite easy to sharpen). The F&F is good but not quite perfect. Lockup is solid and there's no blade play, but when closed the blade is a bit "loose" in the handle, like a real Emerson. This means that if you apply significant pressure to the thumbdisk while you open it, the blade can scrape the liner. Not a big deal, just something to consider. The handle fills the hand nicely, but if you grip it very tightly there are hot spots. It's a great EDC if you don't mind the chisel grind and angular appearance, but I would look for handles that are a bit more rounded if you want to do a lot of extended hard use. It's a bit on the small side for a serious tactical folder, but I think it would fill that role just fine for someone who isn't military/LE.

Last edited:
Mine came extremely dull but sharpened up quickly (it has a chisel grind and edge, which is a bit unusual if you're not used to it but it's quite easy to sharpen). The F&F is good but not quite perfect. Lockup is solid and there's no blade play, but when closed the blade is a bit "loose" in the handle, like a real Emerson. This means that if you apply significant pressure to the thumbdisk while you open it, the blade can scrape the liner. Not a big deal, just something to consider. The handle fills the hand nicely, but if you grip it very tightly there are hot spots. It's a great EDC if you don't mind the chisel grind and angular appearance, but I would look for handles that are a big more rounded if you want to do a lot of extended hard use. It's a bit on the small side for a serious tactical folder, but I think it would fill that role just fine for someone who isn't military/LE.

How does it cut/slice compared to the v grinds?

I thought the Kershaw collaborations were all V-grind?

I believe only the 8k is chisel.

How does it cut/slice compared to the v grinds?

For EDC cutting/slicing, it works great. There's honestly not a noticeable difference for tasks like slicing food/packages. I've got it sharpened to 30 degrees (on one side), and it's slicing at least as well as my 4k and 7k. I've heard that the chisel grind can be a pain if you're doing long draw slices through cardboard since it favors one side, but I don't do any of that sort of cutting.

In short - I wasn't sure I'd be a fan, but it's incredibly convenient to sharpen and it cuts just as well as a V grind.

You are correct that the 8k is the only chisel grind. All the rest have V grinds and V edges.

Anyone else notice this in the "how to use your emerson wave" booklet?

Looks to be a walker lock part serrated 6k. Probably a prototype, maybe down the road? Or is this just an emerson model I'm missing?

Back