Kershaw Factory Special

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
Anyone else get an email on Monday about a new knife dropping on their site at 8am pst today?

Nothing on their website about it. :(

Not a fan of the blur, but m4 for $75 is a hell of a deal! If it were on another knife (I'd like to check out a knockout, or maybe an m4 Bareknuckle??) I would jump on it.

It looks good though! Ken Onions designs just don't really do it for me.

The only factory special Kershaw I was interested in was the cf bareknuckle. The others to me have just been meh.....

Not a fan of the blur, but m4 for $75 is a hell of a deal! If it were on another knife (I'd like to check out a knockout, or maybe an m4 Bareknuckle??) I would jump on it.

It looks good though! Ken Onions designs just don't really do it for me.

Same.

With all due respect to Ken Onion.

Plus, I hate trying to sharpen recurves.

The only factory special Kershaw I was interested in was the cf bareknuckle. The others to me have just been meh.....
That was my favorite of all of them. Might as well have been labeled a ZT knife. :thumbsup:

Same.

With all due respect to Ken Onion.

Plus, I hate trying to sharpen recurves.

Yea, no disrespect. Lots of people love his designs, and the leek has to be one of the most popular knives Kershaw makes. I see people all the time with them. If I needed a knife and a leek or blur were my choices I wouldnt turn them down. But I do have a choice haha!

That was my favorite of all of them. Might as well have been labeled a ZT knife. :thumbsup:

The cf/m390 Bareknuckle is a better knife than the 0770cf. Contoured cf, m390, manual flipper, etc etc. I don't even touch my 0770cf or my aluminum 0770 at all. Maybe I should just sell them.

I have, like & carry occasionally a S30 Blur. The Knockout & Blur are the only assisted Kershaws that I'm fond of. Only took 30 seconds from opening the Kershaw email until an M4 Blur was ordered.

Kind of surprised that there's not more negative comments on this knife considering the general non-assisted consensus on this forum.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm all for more Factory Special Series offerings!

I also went ahead and ordered one. No way I'm passing this one up. The gray M4 Blur has been a great performer at work, and this pop of blue just adds a little more zing to it, no pun intended.

One helluva deal. If I was in the market for a new folder , I'd be on that like a fly on a warm pasture pattie. :thumbsup:

I was tempted but really don't like recurves. The blur I do have is a tanto with no recurve, so that's ok. I would have bought the bare knuckle for sure with an m4 blade.

The blade steel is nice, but doesn't woo me considering I already have 3 blurs. I was hoping for a blacked out Dividend, for "Black" Friday.

I grabbed one. I like the blur and m4 and the blue color. i didnt like the blur for years and then one day I woke up and realized it's a great knife design. now i got a half dozen or more of them.

pBmEVyD.jpg

My first blur. I already know im going to like this.

Back