Kershaw Skyline Flytanium Scales/Blade Play Issue

Hey Guys,

Just got my second set of Flytanium scales (1st was Ti and now brass). My first set seemed to allow the blade to rock up and down ever so slightly, which bugged the shiz out of me! I sent the first set back to Flytanium (excellent customer service BTW!) and they readily sent a replacement set, but it was the same - the blade rocked up and down after installing them. So I went back to the stock g10 scales, which cured the issue and tightened everything right back to perfect!

I went for a good while and thought I'd try another set - brass this time. Same exact issue! The blade still has a slight up and down rock! I can tighten the pivot screw down to where the flipper won't deploy at all and it still won't fix the up and down - it's as if the locking system point of contact changes with the new scales...

Has anyone else experienced this? And is there an easy fix that I'm overlooking? I've taken it apart numerous times, loosened all the screws while its still together to try and work out the play, etc. and nothing seems to work! But I can always go back to the stock black g10 scales and its fine! Just frustrating to add aftermarket goodies that don't work as well as the factory stuff!

Sorry for not including pics/video, but I think I've explained the problem in detail. Thanks in advance for the help and happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Last edited:
Back