Kershaw starting Sprint Runs!

how is the blur de-assisted? does it have a detent to keep the knife in the closed position?

It does. It's not particularly strong, although you can stiffen it a bit by tweaking the lockbar.

I de-assisted, then re-assisted mine last night. The angling of the thumbstuds seems to be meant as a kind of "trigger", optimal for moving the blade enough for the assist to kick in. While it works for that, it makes using them as a regular thumbstud after de-assisting a bit awkward. After playing with the Blur some, I'm "getting the hang" of opening it assisted and it's not as awkward as it was when I was less familiar with it. I'll probably keep it assisted for the time being, although I'm sure I'll eventually get the itch to de-assist it again. I can also already feel the skin of my thumb toughening.

Man, everytime I see someone post a bareknuckle I get upset for passing. Anyone have an extra they want to let go please let me know.

Has anybody heard from Kershaw just how many of the sprint run knives are being produced? I missed the blur release but did score one on the auction sight for an bit to much $$$ but that’s how it goes sometimes. I have around 30 blurs in my collection.

Man, everytime I see someone post a bareknuckle I get upset for passing. Anyone have an extra they want to let go please let me know.

As do I. Love wharnie style blades.

There are blacked out, 20CV Bareknuckles out there if you search it. They have aluminum handles but it may might be cheaper to go that route and pimp with custom scales.

Has anybody heard from Kershaw just how many of the sprint run knives are being produced

I'm curious too. Spyderco coined the term "sprint run", but Kershaw might not use the same definition to describe theirs.

UgQL4Jw.jpg

Sprint runs and exclusives!

Do they still make the Piston? I thought that was a great knife.

They discontinued it. But it was american made so it would be another option for a sprint if they still have the tooling. I still have one and it's a great design.

They discontinued it. But it was american made so it would be another option for a sprint if they still have the tooling. I still have one and it's a great design.
I think the Piston would’ve done better but it came out real close to the Knockout.

Piston was a cool design, wish I would’ve picked one up. That whole catalog was stacked...Piston, Knockout and Echelon in that year...

No more sprints announced? They were coming in quick for a while there.

Back