Kershaw starting Sprint Runs!

And...it’s sold out. In less than a day. I’m guessing these sprints are runs of 500-1000 units. Not sure why KAI catches so much venom from members of this forum but I’m happy for any opportunity to own a new knife.

The rest of you knife knuts should be too.

There have been a lot of times where a Kershaw design caught my eye but I passed because it was 8Cr13Mov (or worse). It's not just that 8Cr13Mov is a mediocre steel but that for the price of the knives in which I'm seeing it from Kershaw, other companies are offering similarly nice knives in better steel. If they made a version of the Atmos or the Fraxion in better budget stainless like 14C28N, VG-10, or N690; I'd be very interested. The main consideration would be price.

Speaking of price and worse steels, D dirc already mentioned the recent 4Cr13 knives. The Kershaw Misdirect looked interesting to me but seeing that steel made it a hard pass. Having an 8Cr13Mov blade on a $25 knife in 2020 is problematic for me. Having a 4Cr13 blade on a $25 knife is straight-up unacceptable! Seeing the Misdirect jacked up to $38.49 on Kershaw's website was particularly jarring. Between the high-priced environment of their website and limited production numbers, I share in some of the concerns that have been raised here. For instance, an Atmos or a Fraxion in one of those better budget steels would only be a good deal if it were competitive with alternatives like Civivi, Ruike, Kizer's Vanguard line, etc.

at least they use 14c28n in the leek, blur, knockout, bareknuckle & skyline

no wonder those are some of their best selling models I bet...
I've said it before, but it's worth repeating; the atmos & for me personally - the wood concierge absolutely deserve some sandvik steel

I love the look of this sprint Leek. I went ahead and ordered one earlier today.

That old school Random Leek blade shape is just plain killer! I'm sure it's gonna make for a wicked cutter.

Had to grab one. The reverse tanto in s30vn and price sold me.

I could go for a composite jyd or s90v

I know many of you seem excited about this.... but another Leek? I was really hoping for something with a bit more punch as the first of this new "Sprint run" series. A popular discontinued model like the RAM, or an upgraded version of a well designed but crap steel knife like the Atmos, for instance.
The Leek already is made with a pretty decent steel and has a ton of different iterations.
Don't get me wrong. It looks to be a damn good knife. Especially for the price.
I just expected something with a bit more of a "wow" factor to get the ball rolling.

I know many of you seem excited about this.... but another Leek? I was really hoping for something with a bit more punch as the first of this new "Sprint run" series. A popular discontinued model like the RAM, or an upgraded version of a well designed but crap steel knife like the Atmos, for instance.
The Leek already is made with a pretty decent steel and has a ton of different iterations.
Don't get me wrong. It looks to be a damn good knife. Especially for the price.
I just expected something with a bit more of a "wow" factor to get the ball rolling.

I feel you. But I think they played it safe, while trying to gauge demand, by going with one of their most popular models. Hopefully they’ll give us something much more exciting next.

I am a bitter, bitter man I didn’t catch one of these in time. I usually prefer something meatier than a leek, but I have had them before and they are good. I really, really liked this blade shape and those colors.

I am a bitter, bitter man I didn’t catch one of these in time. I usually prefer something meatier than a leek, but I have had them before and they are good. I really, really liked this blade shape and those colors.

The Leek was my "office carry" for years. It worked pretty well in that role. Effectively, it got light use for light tasks. It was only when bigger cutting tasks came up that the small handle bothered me. I think that's just true for the class. It's certainly been true of the Dividend that replaced it and the Civivi Chronic that's in my pocket right now.

Last edited:
The only thing that was negative about Leeks for me was, when I was buying the blems from Kershawguy - I would always give them away when someone expressed interest in knives when I was carrying one.

Ordered two of these - it is notable that this is only the second liner-lock Leek that I am aware of, and the very first Kershaw with Cerakote.

Should be a great knife.

best

mqqn

Correct Mr. MQQN …. the TG10 and this one are LL, all the other randoms were FL. Diggin the color and blade on this one. I honestly thought the price on these would be twice what it was. Crazy...

I was pleasantly surprised by the price. Passed on this one, but here's hoping for a bright blur with upgraded steel or a spec bump!

Mine came in today. Absolutely loving it so far. I wasn't sure about the yellow... But it's an absolute knockout.

XSPMTus.jpg

DKce0D1.jpg

Mine came in today. Absolutely loving it so far. I wasn't sure about the yellow... But it's an absolute knockout.

XSPMTus.jpg

DKce0D1.jpg

Looking good.

That was fast.I haven’t even received a shipping notice. You live next door?

Back