Kershaw/ZT Picture Thread!!! Let's See Em'!

Anybody up for some pancakes?

QSoVeSfHD5-8qcX7cyGjP9vrRJM6QLV8eSM0nrW9cy9ITt7_jmzOkeda5vPWUCMe7gCUOKm0BWR-m_n91_PmF4ISYZtFarPNIc84teHu5TihVJLXcLn9Wj_sTsgXaKG2b25Gcg4Q6VQ=w2400

bflying bflying What?!? No more 9 volts for you? :)

It looks great (as does all your work). :thumbsup:

Yes, the machine was really only the cost of a few packs of batteries. But sooooo much easier to target a color zone. Still not without a learning curve, but fun and interesting just the same.

So I'm considering another ZT. Either the 0095 or the 0801Ti.

Any thoughts or comparisons?

Well, I got both, so I guess my impressions would be that the 0095 is a better slicer, it's slimmer in hand too (which can be a good or a bad thing depending on your hand size/preference), it hides scratches/marks as well as the 0801Ti, just in a different way, the 0095 looks more tacticool and a bit meaner if you want, with the blade shape and the blackwash, it flips great and is pretty light in the pocket. Subjectively there is no real weight difference (I could weigh them or check, but just going by feel right now), the 801Ti has something a bit more gentlemanly about it, with the milling, gray Ti and the shape has a bit of a dagger look to it. The 801 feels sturdier and more like a work horse in hand though, I have larger hands and I prefer the ergos, since the handle fills the hand better, which in turn means it takes more space in the pocket.
All in all neither is a bad or a wrong choice, I think if I had to decide myself (and were in the states) I'd get a custom anodized 801Ti from whitty whitty that way you have a bit color (I'd lean towards a classy bronze) and a good mix between workhorse and gentleman blade. Hope that helps a bit.

Well, I got both, so I guess my impressions would be that the 0095 is a better slicer, it's slimmer in hand too (which can be a good or a bad thing depending on your hand size/preference), it hides scratches/marks as well as the 0801Ti, just in a different way, the 0095 looks more tacticool and a bit meaner if you want, with the blade shape and the blackwash, it flips great and is pretty light in the pocket. Subjectively there is no real weight difference (I could weigh them or check, but just going by feel right now), the 801Ti has something a bit more gentlemanly about it, with the milling, gray Ti and the shape has a bit of a dagger look to it. The 801 feels sturdier and more like a work horse in hand though, I have larger hands and I prefer the ergos, since the handle fills the hand better, which in turn means it takes more space in the pocket.
All in all neither is a bad or a wrong choice, I think if I had to decide myself (and were in the states) I'd get a custom anodized 801Ti from whitty whitty that way you have a bit color (I'd lean towards a classy bronze) and a good mix between workhorse and gentleman blade. Hope that helps a bit.

Definitely helps!

Picked up these two and they came in today. I'm honestly shocked at how great they are!

hLTYYDJanPC6U47WHXnz7LctTgIYi1PlGTTY7peiThJaGdqf9h5zoaqeoMZnpliWfZoJd63U0wAhfoPtDgSz3zvvsV_S8Y-DviUkAR3EKP4JMXW9Jd7xgF6GlS0gI1VVO_TpRCP8XUY=w2400

Honestly if I want a slicer, I would look at Spyderco. This is from someone who had/have 10+ ZTs.

bluemetalchurch - if you like the Dividend you owe it to yourself to try and find one in M390. I grabbed one at the same time I got my oldest son a standard Dividend. Figured if I didn't like it I could flip it, or give it to him later. It has since become part of my work rotation with my Delica & Bugout. I like it enough that I'm contemplating having G10 scales made for it. I really hope Kershaw offers the Dividend with some other steel options & the same grind as the M390 version.

bluemetalchurch - if you like the Dividend you owe it to yourself to try and find one in M390. I grabbed one at the same time I got my oldest son a standard Dividend. Figured if I didn't like it I could flip it, or give it to him later. It has since become part of my work rotation with my Delica & Bugout. I like it enough that I'm contemplating having G10 scales made for it. I really hope Kershaw offers the Dividend with some other steel options & the same grind as the M390 version.

I looked at the HoB version with s35vn before I bought this one and almost picked up the m390 version when they were available. I was wanting something inexpensive to carry around the house in gym shorts, etc. I'm really amazed at the fit/finish of this knife. I realize the steel is pretty lackluster but for less than 40 bucks this came to me with no blade play, good even grinds, and a centered blade.

I looked at the HoB version with s35vn before I bought this one and almost picked up the m390 version when they were available. I was wanting something inexpensive to carry around the house in gym shorts, etc. I'm really amazed at the fit/finish of this knife. I realize the steel is pretty lackluster but for less than 40 bucks this came to me with no blade play, good even grinds, and a centered blade.

And I did not know about the HoB exclusive version - dammit

And fully agree about the fit/finish of the Dividend. I bought one of the early Links and was very impressed. Liked the knife, but it was just a tad bigger/wider than I like to carry. My oldest son has a Link he use to carry a lot but I noticed him carrying a slimmer knife more lately. Only reason I didn't get him an M390 Link is I'm trying to get him to sharpen his own knife rather than hand it off to me.

And I did not know about the HoB exclusive version - dammit

And fully agree about the fit/finish of the Dividend. I bought one of the early Links and was very impressed. Liked the knife, but it was just a tad bigger/wider than I like to carry. My oldest son has a Link he use to carry a lot but I noticed him carrying a slimmer knife more lately. Only reason I didn't get him an M390 Link is I'm trying to get him to sharpen his own knife rather than hand it off to me.

The Dividend is a little small for me for an edc but around the house, etc. it should perform well!

Back