Kershaw/ZT Picture Thread!!! Let's See Em'!

How do you like it?
The first one I sent back and exchanged for the one in the pic. The first was ridiculously hard to flip (not even touching the subframe lock) you could hear friction in the bearings and you had to push the blade closed and when you did it made a slight squeaking noise. I thought about disassembling it but didn’t feel like I should have to on a brand new knife out of the box to fix something that shouldn’t have gotten past quality control. Second one was much better after 100 or so flips. Pocket clip is also tight but has loosened up a bit. It’s the first time I’ve ever had an issue with a Kershaw knife. While it does have bearings it isn’t as smooth as any of my ZTs. Isn’t bad for a sub $70 USA made flipper with bearings though.

EdBfQRD.jpg

The first one I sent back and exchanged for the one in the pic. The first was ridiculously hard to flip (not even touching the subframe lock) you could hear friction in the bearings and you had to push the blade closed and when you did it made a slight squeaking noise. I thought about disassembling it but didn’t feel like I should have to on a brand new knife out of the box to fix something that shouldn’t have gotten past quality control. Second one was much better after 100 or so flips. Pocket clip is also tight but has loosened up a bit. It’s the first time I’ve ever had an issue with a Kershaw knife. While it does have bearings it isn’t as smooth as any of my ZTs. Isn’t bad for a sub $70 USA made flipper with bearings though.
It’s the joy of Kershaw sub-frame lock knives. Ya never know what you’re going to get out of the box.
I immediately exchange them anymore if I get a bad one. Don’t even waste time anymore.
Sent back tons of Natrixes in various flavors and always got a good one on the second go.

I got a good Bareknuckle the first time. Not a ZT, but a great Kershaw!
That said, I hardly ever use or play with the thing.

Thanks for your info...I’ve had centering and blade rub issues with several Kershaws in the $30-50 range so I know what you mean. My latest Knockout and Dividend have had no such issues though, and I’ve done quite a bit of cutting with the Dividend. Their QC does seem hit and miss imo.

Lots of people are reporting super hard detents, I actually asked the dealer I ordered from to please send me the lightest detent one he had. He went through the 5 in stock and sent me it, I would rate it “medium to hard” and on par with the old ZT 0560. It’s broken in now, I didn’t disassemble but I ran it through and ultrasonic cleaner and that made it flip much better, also added some oil to the pivot. From the factory it had a very rough action, lots of junk in it.

I wonder how long until we see other variations in colors and steels? I’m guessing we will see M390/20CV or S35VN soon.

This is a winner if you have a well made example, as usual it’s very hit and miss, I have handled others that had horrible flipping.

Lots of people are reporting super hard detents, I actually asked the dealer I ordered from to please send me the lightest detent one he had. He went through the 5 in stock and sent me it, I would rate it “medium to hard” and on par with the old ZT 0560. It’s broken in now, I didn’t disassemble but I ran it through and ultrasonic cleaner and that made it flip much better, also added some oil to the pivot. From the factory it had a very rough action, lots of junk in it.

I wonder how long until we see other variations in colors and steels? I’m guessing we will see M390/20CV or S35VN soon.

This is a winner if you have a well made example, as usual it’s very hit and miss, I have handled others that had horrible flipping.

I ordered one to try. I'm not really a flipper guy but wanted one in the stable. This was inexpensive and had a bladeshape I liked so I thought I'd try it. It seems that people who get a good example love theirs.

Back