Kershaw/ZT Picture Thread!!! Let's See Em'!

YGwvd7uh.jpg

n0ZnULJh.jpg

176147972_113680504069105_8085042035740589293_n.png

Hi all,

I know this is going to make some of you cry! I sure did cry, I cried, Tears of JOY!
The reason being (no lie) I purchased the above ZT Folder at a "Flea Market" (about two years ago if memory serves).
This ZT 0200 was mixed in among a sizable box of "cheap" (mostly) Chinese made Folders. To be honest, I didn't
recall/recognize the ZT brand/name per se at the time. However, the SECOND I handled/examined this Knife, ooOOH Baby!
My Guts told me (I knew that deep down in the back of my ol' Gray Matter) this was a "SPECIAL" Knife, a Knife that I believe that I had researched
many years earlier. Me to seller : "Sir, what are you asking for this Knife ?" Seller : "Five dollars". Me : (Whoooooshing sound
as I pull out my Wallet from my back pocket) "Here you are Sir, five dollars, thank you kindly". True story!
Oooh, forgot to mention. This ZT 0200 is in OUTSTANDING condition!

HARDBALL

Last edited:
176147972_113680504069105_8085042035740589293_n.png

Hi all,

I know this is going to make some of you cry! I sure did cry, I cried, Tears of JOY!
The reason being (no lie) I purchased the above ZT Folder at a "Flea Market" (about two years ago if memory serves).
This ZT 0200 was mixed in among a sizable box of "cheap" (mostly) Chinese made Folders. To be honest, I didn't
recall/recognize the ZT brand/name per se at the time. However, the SECOND I handled/examined this Knife, ooOOH Baby!
My Guts told me (I knew that deep down in the back of my ol' Gray Matter) this was a "SPECIAL" Knife, a Knife that I believe that I had researched
many years earlier. Me to seller : "Sir, what are you asking for this Knife ?" Seller : "Five dollars". Me : (Whoooooshing sound
as I pull out my Wallet from my back pocket) "Here you are Sir, five dollars, thank you kindly". True story!
Oooh, forgot to mention. This ZT 0200 is in OUTSTANDING condition!

HARDBALL
Talk about a good deal and that’s a Fine ZT, I love the 0200 and the 0200STs. Awesome story, I gotta go to the local flea markets once in a while!
Makes you wonder how that slipped in the $5 bin. The seller probably cleaned out attics or bought it off someone’s widow and nobody knew what they had.

Had this one anodized and acid washed the blade then back into the box, what a shame that I hope to correct now that I'm retired.
85IIQc4.jpg
Congratulations on your retirement! I retired from Caterpillar Inc effective March 1 of this year and am loving every minute of it!

Interestingly, I am rotating a knife into my pocket from my collection, one per week starting on each Monday. This weeks pick is my ZT0801CF - as you infer, a shame to have these stuck in a bag in a safe.....

20210413_103551.jpg

best

mqqn

Congratulations on your retirement! I retired from Caterpillar Inc effective March 1 of this year and am loving every minute of it!

Interestingly, I am rotating a knife into my pocket from my collection, one per week starting on each Monday. This weeks pick is my ZT0801CF - as you infer, a shame to have these stuck in a bag in a safe.....

20210413_103551.jpg

best

mqqn
Same to you mqqn mqqn , after 48 years in the job market it sure is nice not to try and pack 12 hours into 8 just to keep up.;) What else are you up to?;):)

Talk about a good deal and that’s a Fine ZT, I love the 0200 and the 0200STs. Awesome story, I gotta go to the local flea markets once in a while!
Makes you wonder how that slipped in the $5 bin. The seller probably cleaned out attics or bought it off someone’s widow and nobody knew what they had.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your kind words. I have to admit, sometimes (sometimes) I feel a lil' bit guilty on the purchase of the ZT 0200. There no telling how this ZT 0200 was among those cheap (look alike/type) Folders. Not to blow my own Horn but, over many years, I sort of become a "Master" of knowing "what's a good deal and "what's what" regarding the cost/value of many different "items". Of course, the ZT 0200 was a "No Brainer!". Over the years, I've become quite good at recognizing the value/quality of most any item (and when a deal is a deal or a bargain) especially when it comes to goods of greater interest to me such as : Cast Iron Pans, Knives/Axes/Hatchets, Vintage Audio Gear, Wool Clothing, Art work, Perfume/Colognes and, over the last two years, vintage (mostly Gillette) Safety Razors. Back in March of 2019, I and found/purchased a vintage (a first year production) Gillette (195) FATBOY Adjustable Safety Razor at a fantastic price. Today (admittedly I went a lil' bit Nuts) and have since hunted out and collected (mostly in the Wild) about two HUNDRED Razors!
Shown below is one of my FATBOY Adjustable Razors. Oooh, btw, the FATBOY is an AWESOME shaver! In fact, I shaved today using my FATBOY shaving off five/six days of Beard with smooth/ease. The FATBOY takes no prisoners!

175648658_276437257528496_8413472289943616740_n.png

175648658_276437257528496_8413472289943616740_n.png

HARDBALL

Last edited:
Same to you mqqn mqqn , after 48 years in the job market it sure is nice not to try and pack 12 hours into 8 just to keep up.;) What else are you up to?;):)

Wow - that is a lot of years - I had 42 total not counting paper routes and summer jobs during high-school.

Maggie and I moved to south-central Tennessee (Jack Daniel Country, we are 22 miles from the Distillery) and we are gearing up for some dirt-bike trail riding as there are thousands of acres of open trails near us.
We will just enjoy ourselves, stay as healthy as possible, travel, ride bikes, take walks, ride the Harley (the mountain roads down here are spectacular) and just enjoy an active retirement.

I might even carry a knife or three lol -

Let us know if you are ever in the area of I24 and Mont Eagle TN - we are 25 miles east of that exit on I24.

Now a couple knife pictures -
DSC_6653.JPG

DSC_6655.JPG

best

mqqn

Last edited:
Wow - that is a lot of years - I had 42 total not counting paper routes and summer jobs during high-school.

Maggie and I moved to south-central Tennessee (Jack Daniel Country, we are 22 miles from the Distillery) and we are gearing up for some dirt-bike trail riding as there are thousands of acres of open trails near us.
We will just enjoy ourselves, stay as healthy as possible, travel, ride bikes, take walks, ride the Harley (the mountain roads down here are spectacular) and just enjoy an active retirement.

I might even carry a knife or three lol -

Let us know if you are ever in the area of I24 and Mont Eagle TN - we are 25 miles east of that exit on I24.

Now a couple knife pictures -
DSC_6653.JPG

DSC_6655.JPG

best

mqqn
Sounds like a great life, I can’t wait till I’m retired! Only have about 34 years left lol
And by the way that 0888 is beautiful, and it makes the 0801 look like a kids knife which is saying something.
That is definitely a “grail knife” for me if I could only justify (or afford) paying the huge markups those baby’s demand.

Last edited:
0808 reground down to .125" from the stock 0.156" by Josh at REK a while back, who did a fantastic job preserving the original grind profile.

I really like the 0808 design and blade shape but the 4mm thick blade does not help it as an actual cutting tool in my experience. 0.125" is much better.

Been thinking about getting a clip for it instead of just carrying loose... need something that will look clean against the show-side scale for LH carry.

tl7V9M1.jpg

0808 reground down to .125" from the stock 0.156" by Josh at REK a while back, who did a fantastic job preserving the original grind profile.

I really like the 0808 design and blade shape but the 4mm thick blade does not help it as an actual cutting tool in my experience. 0.125" is much better.

Been thinking about getting a clip for it instead of just carrying loose... need something that will look clean against the show-side scale for LH carry.

tl7V9M1.jpg

Hey Skywalker31, Great looking 0808 and the regrind sure makes it more slicey. For a clip, I would try MXG Gear, I have one on my 0055 and it might tie in well on your 0808.

Hey Skywalker31, Great looking 0808 and the regrind sure makes it more slicey. For a clip, I would try MXG Gear, I have one on my 0055 and it might tie in well on your 0808.

Thanks, I'm looking at their blue ones now - that blue on silver look your 0055 has going with the hardware is a nice accent!

Back