Kevin Powers disc sander

Finally got it welded up. Thanks Kevin!

d3be204fc76c39afa3bfb619641852b9.jpg
f03cdb4d7fef407daa1b31081a32c026.jpg

That looks good. I need to build a table for mine.

Zombie thread... for good reason though. I made one of these back in like 2015 or so, and was just trying to pass the .dxf file along to a friend to cut one out- but the file I have is actually damaged now. Does anyone still have this .dxf file containing the grinder parts? I'm having a tough time finding it available anywhere on line now.
Thanks!

Zombie thread... for good reason though. I made one of these back in like 2015 or so, and was just trying to pass the .dxf file along to a friend to cut one out- but the file I have is actually damaged now. Does anyone still have this .dxf file containing the grinder parts? I'm having a tough time finding it available anywhere on line now.
Thanks!

ttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1q0edBhnQ3FUDNrRHBCZW5qbms

(Thanks to kuraki kuraki for the working link above)

Here's the original thread as well: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/disc-grinder-sander-wip.1309537/

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (Just some older videos of some knives I've made in the past)

Check with Kevin. IIRC, he still has the files on both his belt grinder and disc grinder.

Post removed

Please do not offer to buy/sell in shop talk. PM or email JT if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, now I’m thinking of cutting some out on my cnc plasma

If you do, modify the slots and tabs or use left/right kerf on your machine. They're drawn size on size.

My post was tong in cheek so to speak. Like oh great like I need more work. But you know how I love building stuff lol.

Improper content removed

Improper content removed

OK guys, let JT work on his builds and projects. If he has them for sale he will post a thread about them and put them in The Exchange.

Listen fellows, I'll say it one more time - leave the buying offers out of Shop Talk.
Email or PM JT if you want to talk about him cutting grinder kits out. I don't think his CNC plasma cutter is the right tool for the job anyway.
JT has been very good about not responding to your offers, and replied that he wasn't really considering building the kits. If he does he will tell us.

For those who really want to build one, get the file from Kevin or someone who has it and sent it to any waterjet cutter you want. They can cut it in steel and ship you the parts.

Back