Recommendation? Key Ring or No Key Ring

What really bothers me is that on the SAK classic the blade opens in the direction towards the keys. The scissors open away from the keys. This makes me believe the scissors are meant to be the primary tool on the classic.
How is the key ring on the wrong side, what is wrong about it?

I always take the key ring off when I get one, but I don't throw them out. I apply some mineral oil to them, then place them inside a small plastic baggy and put them away.

I leave the rings on.
My SAK Signature (SD Classic with a pen instead of a toothpick) is always on my keyring.
When I carry my Huntsman, I always put it on the 34" SAK chain lanyard I use with whatever bailed knife I am carrying that month.

The flopping and rattling bug the heck out of me, so I have to remove them. If I had a Dremel or any tools, I'd be sorely tempted to grind the nubs off.

On the other hand, I've left the bail on my Wenger SI for now. I don't carry it very much, otherwise I'd definitely pop it off.

The flopping and rattling bug the heck out of me, so I have to remove them. If I had a Dremel or any tools, I'd be sorely tempted to grind the nubs off.

On the other hand, I've left the bail on my Wenger SI for now. I don't carry it very much, otherwise I'd definitely pop it off.
You don't need a dremel. A simple file will do.

This is a very old Classic. It has a real file as opposed to the sandpaper job. Somebody said it was a European version (few were exported to the US).

I solved the problem the easy way ;Pioneer, Cadet, Tourist, Tinker & Spartan are my most carried SAK's and I have at least 2 of each. One with and one without the key ring attachment. The ones without actually get used more.

Definitely on the keyring. I use the scissors, the tweezers and the toothpick on those the most (pretty much in that order).
44334646451_ab675d2522_z_d.jpg

Back