Keychain Choice ?

I need a knife for my keychain but it needs to have a toothpick. The obvious choice is SAK but every smaller knife has a small, fingernail opening blade. I would love a Spyderco if they had one with a toothpick or a Victorinox Sentinel if it was smaller/lighter. The closest compromise seems to be the Victorinox Ambassador but it's back to a two handed opening & I am usually wearing gloves.

I am wondering if I could find a very light weight plastic handle knife, like a Spyderco & then glue a simple tube/sheath to hold a Victorinox toothpick. Or maybe modify a Leatherman KB as I love the knife on my Skeletool.

Any ideas people :) ?

1D9C4D16-9154-41DD-A2AC-E81A2BC4FB54.jpeg 84465EE8-253D-4A96-8D62-666AD4AAC33C.jpeg I have a toothpick on my SAK, but I only use it for stabbing hors d’oeuvres. I much prefer the tapered, curved T-PIK for dental hygiene.

That looks like something from Marathon Man :eek:.
I can only use a soft pick hence why I love the SAK one.

I was wondering whether one would fit in the tweezer hole of a Leatherman Style ?

B398A3C6-6BCB-4055-9A51-7E9E0342396F.jpeg The SAK pick can only push debris. The T-PIK can push or pull said debris. It also can fit in a smaller opening. I cannot answer the Leatherman question.
I am not nuts about the SAK tweezers either.

Not to dissuade you from buying a knife but, you could just add one of these to your keychain or pocket.

9.jpg

I typically have these in the thin case that comes with them. I'm sure they could be put in one of the metal keychain pill containers.

GUEST_02b45768-5e7b-4fd7-8341-14abb4b4be97

Get a pack of these.

They kind of have to go into your pocket though, the cap is not as tight as you'd probably want for something on your keys.

I'd say put one of these in your pocket or wallet , then the knife of your choosing on your keys ( not that I will ever ever understand having keys hanging off of a knife i plan to use )

Last edited:
Get a pack of these.

They kind of have to go into your pocket though, the cap is not as tight as you'd probably want for something on your keys.

I'd say put one of these in your pocket or wallet , then the knife of your choosing on your keys ( not that I will ever ever understand having keys hanging off of a knife i i pl to use )
I'm the same way. I hate having a knife clipped to my keys but I understand it's convenience.

I'm the same way. I hate having a knife clipped to my keys but I understand it's convenience.
The world's most popular keychain knife is the Victorinox classic, and this was my grandfather's pocket knife carried loose.
Maybe he's the reason why I just don't understand impeding something as important as a knife by hanging it off of a bunch of keys, or for that matter having a whole bunch of bulky things hanging off a set of keys.

Last edited:
9F84AC47-A261-462C-BCBF-57BF63C49A6E.jpeg These key caddies have a quick release gate which allows the tools to be quickly detached when needed. The ease with which the tools can be moved around allows you to make up combinations as needed for your anticipated requirements.

Last edited:
The world's most popular keychain knife is the Victorinox classic, and this was my grandfather's pocket knife carried loose.
Maybe he's the reason why I just don't understand impeding something as important as a knife by hanging it off of a bunch of keys, or for that matter having a whole bunch of bulky things hanging off a set of keys.

I carry Classic in my keys, but I like to have as few keys on me as possible. For me the classic is not my main knife and that's why I carry it in the keys (mostly for the scissors). I can always remove it from the keyring if I have to.

I carry Classic in my keys, but I like to have as few keys on me as possible. For me the classic is not my main knife and that's why I carry it in the keys (mostly for the scissors). I can always remove it from the keyring if I have to.

Same here. Since I have a beard, I carry a Rambler primarily so that I always have scissors at hand. That said, I prefer to carry as few things in my keychain as possible. The Rambler is the compromise between comfort of the keychain and convenience.

View attachment 1055683 These key caddies have a quick release gate which allows the tools to be quickly detached when needed. The ease with which the tools can be moved around allows you to make up combinations as needed for your anticipated requirements.
When you "unlock" those caddies, do all the tools fall off? Does it detach them all? Or is it secure enough that you have to actually try to remove what ever tool you're going for?

F2E84FCB-499D-4C9F-BF8B-330321998101.jpeg When you open the gate, you can remove as many tools as want. When the spring loaded gate is closed, nothing can come off.

Lol I zoomed in on the picture and can see it only lets a tool out at the one position.

Back