'Keystone Cut' Bladesports event at Peters Heat Treat

I hope you don't mind me sharing it here as it seems relevant enough. ;)

~Paul
My YT Channel Lsubslimed
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

TOTALLY relevant, and exactly where it should be. Thanks!

Thanks for the excellent photos Matt. What an awesome cut. I had a front row seat when Dan made the new 2X6 record cut. Dan is amazing to watch.
Scott

Sorry I didn't introduce myself, Scott. Kind of seemed like you were a little busy. ;)

If you want a copy of that photo emailed to you, let me know. It really was a good one!

Same here. There was a lot going on. Plus me being an official during the cut, I had to stay on track. That would be nice to get the photo. I'll PM my email.
Thanks!
Scott

Wanted to mention, even though M4 is used a lot seems like CPM 4V is starting to take over as a choice steel for comp knives. My knife is 4V with a zero convex edge run down to 0.11 Rockwell at 63 rc. James Clifton was using CPM REX T-15 run at 65 rc. That's my next steel to use.
Scott

The skill of the competitors and the abilities of these blades is only exceeded by the timing and skill of the photographer. WOW! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am hoping you used multiple shot settings? If not, you are truly a GOD....!

Thanks, Jim. I was woefully underequipped for this, though. Only lens I brought was my 70-200, and on my crop body it wasn't anywhere near as wide as I needed. I found myself battling for position between judges and the chopping tables, and never having enough view to 'get' it.

Also, I could not for the life of me remember how to get my camera into dynamic focus point mode. I shot the whole gig on single point focus, and manually moved the focus point for each shot. Shows how often I shoot sporting events...

Of course, my midrange zoom may have required me to be right on top of everyone, and that sure as heck wouldn't work! Dunno. Guess I'll find out if what I used was the right stuff, anyway. :)

Back